• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finding extra part time remote work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found when I was trying this it was a third of my time looking, a third selling, a third actual paid work so you'd need to increase ur rate by three until you can get employees onboard.

Comment

Finding extra part time remote work

Originally posted by shookshiver View Post
      I assume your talking from experience

Im going to a Devops meeting here in London so ill get my business cards ready and start handing it out. I need the extra cash cause ill be buying a property soon
      There's more to DevOps than just going to conferences. Do you know what it is and have you planned your experience, training and learning around it?

I'm not sure that you're going to find much part-time remote work there (I wouldn't be interested in such contractors).

You need to list out the benefits to potential clients of working the way you want (and be prepared to sell it), because they'll be as skeptical as I am.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        I'm not sure that you're going to find much part-time remote work there (I wouldn't be interested in such contractors).
        Absolutely this.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          Need to upskill Sal ...
          Nah i'm fine, for the type of work I was talking about the clients are too cheap to be able to afford me and usually go for the lowest price. You can probably make more money driving an Uber in your spare time.

The ones that know what they want and can afford it are usually too demanding to be able to squeeze them alongside full time gig.

In any case I'm not looking for more work, as I work to live, not live to work.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            There's more to DevOps than just going to conferences. Do you know what it is and have you planned your experience, training and learning around it?

You need to list out the benefits to potential clients of working the way you want (and be prepared to sell it), because they'll be as skeptical as I am.
            Being doing it for the last 7-8 years - im fully immersed in Agile Scrum Kanban, business transformation, CI,CD, security and even some big data

Thanks for the tips - i thought this was something folks did - didnt know its a rare thing

Comment

Originally posted by shookshiver View Post
              Being doing it for the last 7-8 years - im fully immersed in Agile Scrum Kanban, business transformation, CI,CD, security and even some big data

Thanks for the tips - i thought this was something folks did - didnt know its a rare thing
              Is that a new Martial Art?

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Is that a new Martial Art?

Comes free with a black belt in Ecky Thump
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Quick search came up with...

Freelancer.com
                  Freelance.com
                  Upwork.com

No, thank you.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Comes free with a black belt in Ecky Thump
                    And also comes with the Hillary evasive email and corruption technique too
                    :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X