• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting for a management consultancy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting for a management consultancy

To be sure, don't have anything concrete yet but what is the panel's opinion of contracting for a management consultancy? I read in a previous thread that it's a good way to get into new areas which would be difficult on your own without the experience . Is there anything else to watch out for?

Ta

Originally posted by Antman View Post
    To be sure, don't have anything concrete yet but what is the panel's opinion of contracting for a management consultancy? I read in a previous thread that it's a good way to get into new areas which would be difficult on your own without the experience . Is there anything else to watch out for?

Ta
    If they treat you as an associate, fine. If they try to embed you as a permie (insisting that you have business cards from the consultancy for example), not fine.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

For the same reasons as Cojak mentions they may attempt to move you to other clients or pieces of work where they have a hole or can get more business.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's a great way of networking with both internal and external clients, which in turn can lead to further opportunities with each.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          It's a great way of networking with both internal and external clients, which in turn can lead to further opportunities with each.
          Absolutely spot on
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Thanks, much appreciated.

Comment

And you'll have to buy a new tailored pin stripe suit with a good pair of cuff links.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                And you'll have to buy a new tailored pin stripe suit with a good pair of cuff links.
                Right, back to jobserve!

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post

Ta
                  A big NO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                    A big NO.
                    Brigadao, viu

Comment

Working...
                    X