• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client wants to relax invoice frequency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My standard timesheet says similar:

Consultant: I certify that the time recorded above is an accurate record of services provided between <MyCo> and <ClientCo>
    Signed: ........................ Date:..............

Client Manager: I certify that the time recorded above is an accurate record of the services provided to <ClientCo> and <ClientCo> should be invoiced for work performed during this period.
    Signed: ........................ Date:..............

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
      I also add a note on ALL invoices (although not strictly necessary, being a statutory right)
      You've misspelled "principal" in the last line of your statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
        This all sounds a bit familiar to me. Contract negotiated directly with client manager, it even passes with their "legal person", but the payment terms are conveniently overlooked. Your invoice goes in and finally Accounts Payable get involved, they have no sight of or care about the contract terms and are a law unto themselves. Client manager just wants an easy life.

I would:
        - try to get signed off timesheets (but good luck with that)
        - invoice as per contracted terms, resigning that they won't actually be met
        - tactfully remind them that the original quoted rate was based on weekly

By invoicing against contracted terms it puts the timeline in your favour should a debt need chasing.

There may be some trading between sides, but ultimately you accept what's on offer.

Practically that means invoices may be batched and some technically paid late. It's also convenient for the client manager to blame the system when in fact your invoice has been buried on his/her desk waiting for approval.

Fwiw, I always go for signed paper timesheets, even when via agency with an online system. There is a limit to the legal jargon before the person approving it starts to feel uncomfortable vs. flattering their ego. My timesheets have no logo etc. simply titled "Timesheet", a plain table of days/hours, and the sign-off says:

I also add a note on ALL invoices (although not strictly necessary, being a statutory right):

HTH.
        It did. Thank you
        I hadn't considered the option of submitting multiple invoices. Might consider that, I'll have another catch with my contact in AP.

Being in a remote location makes it difficult to get a timesheet 'signed' without creating more admin - printing, signing, scanning it back to me. It would have to be done on email.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBA View Post
          It did. Thank you
          I hadn't considered the option of submitting multiple invoices. Might consider that, I'll have another catch with my contact in AP.

Being in a remote location makes it difficult to get a timesheet 'signed' without creating more admin - printing, signing, scanning it back to me. It would have to be done on email.
          All you want is do one form of evidence. When I worked for a consultancy I may got the receptionist to sign. Ask they're doing is agreeing that you've been there. If from home then email.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
          X