• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview, Job Confirmed, PSL issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    I read the OPs original mail and my eyes are now bleeding... but yes in short ditch A, go with B and tell A to FO if they get shirty EOM.
    Indeed, as are the OPs fingers
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

This is exactly the position I am in now and they cannot resolve it between themselves
      Turned down another offer as this was just waiting paperwork (they said)
      So I am stuffed now looking again and no I am not a newby to contracting just fell for the crap given by agencies.
      Told I have a very strong legal case if I want to pursue loss of earnings as offer made and accepted but will cost thousands

Comment

Don't know who told you that but no you haven't.

If you've got IPSE+ you might be able to claim against their business interruption offering but that's limited to 2k max but that's all you can do.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnk01 View Post
          This is exactly the position I am in now and they cannot resolve it between themselves
          Turned down another offer as this was just waiting paperwork (they said)
          So I am stuffed now looking again and no I am not a newby to contracting just fell for the crap given by agencies.
          Told I have a very strong legal case if I want to pursue loss of earnings as offer made and accepted but will cost thousands
          Why not resolve it direct with client. If client says agent cannot supply you then there is zero demonstrable loss. Ask client to put you through a different agency and get on site asap.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
          X