• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Angular 2 contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Better get the books out over the weekend then, providing any have actually been written, that is
    Don't need that do I? It's just code and stuff in't it?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Don't need that do I? It's just code and stuff in't it?

Well, If MF is writing books on the subject it must be extremely straightforward .
      Don't worry, you have the aptitude and I'm sure you have the codes, you will be fine

a
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Well, If MF is writing books on the subject it must be extremely straightforward .
        Don't worry, you have the aptitude and I'm sure you have the codes, you will be fine
        Give him some credit. It's only just come out. In 6 months he'll write the 'I Think I've Got It Guide' followed a year later by the 'Nope, Still Not Clue Guide' and then finish off with the 'I Made A Million Selling Sledges In August And For 4.99 You Can Too Guide'.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Why can't Spangular just go away..

Comment

While Angular 2 may have just been released its being in the works for over two years... So its possible to have a lot of experience in it already...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              While Angular 2 may have just been released its being in the works for over two years... So its possible to have a lot of experience in it already...
              so long as it's not the Router or Forms API's that were still being thrashed out until a few weeks ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                It's still missing significant functionality

I still have 0 love for angular. Take a look at scotch.io and other developer websites and its as if angular is the only way to go nowerdays. It's interesting that the market has picked up specifically on angular due to its fan base but the JS community is littered with 1000's of other frameworks which dont seem to be as popular. Even with all the missing pieces Angular seems to be rated highly. I would have expected a few of the MVC frameworks to become the defacto (sails.js) for production especially as a lot of the industry are still sitting on .net (esp c#).

Comment

Angular is like the emperors new clothes, the best developers hate it and won't use it.

Comment

Originally posted by munkee View Post
                    I still have 0 love for angular. Take a look at scotch.io and other developer websites and its as if angular is the only way to go nowerdays. It's interesting that the market has picked up specifically on angular due to its fan base but the JS community is littered with 1000's of other frameworks which dont seem to be as popular. Even with all the missing pieces Angular seems to be rated highly. I would have expected a few of the MVC frameworks to become the defacto (sails.js) for production especially as a lot of the industry are still sitting on .net (esp c#).
                    I see this proliferation of frameworks as no different from the VHS/betamax war of the 80s just more on steroids. There seem to be a ridiculous number of new frameworks out there which I think is pot luck more than anything choosing the right one. While I don't mind Angular, I preferred Knockout and have no doubt there are people will have other preferences.

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
                    Angular is like the emperors new clothes, the best developers hate it and won't use it.
                    Is that true though re the best developers - define best? There are always pros and cons with any framework.

What I do see is a crazy amount of fragmentation in frameworks/libraries. In the C# world 10 years ago you were lucky if there were any ORMs available and now you have many different flavours to choose from. Similarly with javascript frameworks - jQuery was only just on the verge of release 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
                      I see this proliferation of frameworks as no different from the VHS/betamax war of the 80s just more on steroids. There seem to be a ridiculous number of new frameworks out there which I think is pot luck more than anything choosing the right one. While I don't mind Angular, I preferred Knockout and have no doubt there are people will have other preferences.

Is that true though re the best developers - define best? There are always pros and cons with any framework.

What I do see is a crazy amount of fragmentation in frameworks/libraries. In the C# world 10 years ago you were lucky if there were any ORMs available and now you have many different flavours to choose from. Similarly with javascript frameworks - jQuery was only just on the verge of release 10 years ago.
                      I guess the encouraging thing here is that both VHS and Betamax are stone cold dead!

Comment

Working...
                      X