• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone done any Jenkins?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone done any Jenkins?

Next gig will potentially be a role that overlaps as a build manager.

I've been wanting to diversify & get away from the code Monkey stuff & was wondering if this is a viable path. It could, of course, be a dead end like my 2 years developing with Visual J++

Originally posted by The Only Way Is Keynsham View Post

I've been wanting to diversify & get away from the code Monkey stuff & was wondering if this is a viable path.
    It could, of course, be a dead end like my 2 years developing with Visual J++

Do you like Bangalore?
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Build manager is more than Jenkins

Jenkins takes 1hr to configure and 10 minutes a day to maintain

Comment

Originally posted by The Only Way Is Keynsham View Post

I've been wanting to diversify & get away from the code Monkey stuff & was wondering if this is a viable path. It could, of course, be a dead end like my 2 years developing with Visual J++
        Jenkins tends to integrate with 'Chef' & 'Puppet' which are primarily used within the DevOps arena for server build automation within virtual environments like Hyper-V & VMware. Commonly you will most likely require some level of experience in all 3 skills.

Comment

Visual J++.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Anyone done any Jenkins?
            It depends on what you mean by "doing" Jenkins.

As previously said, it's pretty damned easy to set up Jenkins as a stand alone that just builds the software. If you are talking about the set-up that I am responsible for - several servers, multiple slaves building for OSX, Windows, linux, iOS and android and then also automatically deploying virtualised (where possible) test environments and running multiple tests against the artefacts then it gets a little more complex.

Comment

I thought this was a Leeroy Jenkins thread
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I thought this was a Leeroy Jenkins thread
                No, its one of Scroaties creations talking total tulip as per usual
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Visual J++.
                  exactly what I did when I read that!

OP - tell me more, I need a good laugh! Why on earth were you using that?

Comment

I've not used Jenkins but used TeamCity (and Bamboo for a little bit) for .NET CI and then Octopus Deploy for deployments.

Comment

Working...
                    X