• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job title and agencies not understanding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job title and agencies not understanding

I got this today from Bin Tahir at Matchemeajob.com

Role: Architectural Revit Technician - Chester - Contract
    Rate: 20.00 - 25.00 GBP

My first thought was "That's the lowest rate I've ever seen for anything with the word architect in the role" (I'm assuming that's hourly).
    But it's a building architect thing.
    How crap does an agency have to be to confuse computer systems with sodding tower blocks????
    I thought they were just very bad at understanding the technical details.
    See You Next Tuesday

They did a search on the job boards containing just the word architect and mass mail the jobspec to everybody who has that word somewhere in their cv

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      They did a search on the job boards containing just the word architect and mass mail the jobspec to everybody who has that word somewhere in their cv
      I know what they did. I just cannot see how they can make a viable business doing that.
      Mind you I never understood how spammers made money but they must have somehow.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        I know what they did. I just cannot see how they can make a viable business doing that.
        Power of numbers and automated emails don't cost anything, send out 10000 emails and there must be at least a handful of candidates that actually fit the job spec

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          Out of the 3,000 people they email, 2990 will delete it after the first sentence, rate or location, 8 will try and blag that they can do it, 1 will be a good fit and someone else will complain about it on social media.

HTHBIDI
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Breaking news!!! Agent messes up using keyword spam..... We are dooooooomed I tell ya.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Matchemeajob.com

You would have thought having it as the name of their business they would be able to do what it says

Comment

Eh,

They want a software technician with experience of Revit which is the software used by Architectural firms.

How is that a massive fail? They are looking for an IT bod.

Edit: Ah, I see it was an email and not a job board posting. Nothing to see here. Move along now.
                Last edited by Pondlife; 7 September 2016, 13:58.

Comment

Working...
                X