• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got called from a lady at Avance. Would not state a rate. Asked me what rate I have been charging and when I told her she said she would speak to her manager and put the phone down...

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
      Just got called from a lady at Avance. Would not state a rate. Asked me what rate I have been charging and when I told her she said she would speak to her manager and put the phone down...
      You need to learn to put the phone down when they introduce themselves.

Don't give them any information as it doesn't help you or any other contractor in the UK to be under cut.

Also block their number on your mobile.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Don't give them any information as it doesn't help you or any other contractor in the UK to be under cut.

Completed agreed, this is the best method - hang up on the outset. OR you can treat it as a bit of a wind up; however, these scammers have poor English and barely know anything about the role. Their main objective is to obtain rate-based information to price their work with clients.

Comment

My SOP. In fact I've stopped answering calls unless I recognise the number. If they won't leave a message, they will not get through. Also after my last contract, not applied to any agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            In the list above I doubt Square One is India based. A mate of mine has been working there for a decade as an accountant. Perhaps their call centre is based in India?

Also, Dabster in that list is a dodgy India based agency. They try all tactics to harvest your CV and you never hear back again. Avoid!!
            Square One do the shopping list adverts. blatant cut and paste, full of wide boys that ring you and try and rinse you for information. Once you cross the threshold and just don't deal with them at all it saves a lot of time and angst.

Comment

I've started getting more calls and emails (I work in AWS Cloud) and I just block and delete.
              Initially had a couple of chats with them just to satisfy myself that perspective shared on this thread would tally with my personal experiences - it does.

Comment

Had a large number of indian IT workers where I used to work. The low level workers were nice enough, honestlyu just tryuing to get by more than anything else. Felt sorry for them as many had to leave family behind and houseshare in small apartments for months on end.

The thing that always surprised me was when the higher up managers came over and essentially shouted/screamed at the underlings in front of everyone...

Comment

Originally posted by l35kee View Post
                  Had a large number of indian IT workers where I used to work. The low level workers were nice enough, honestlyu just tryuing to get by more than anything else. Felt sorry for them as many had to leave family behind and houseshare in small apartments for months on end.

The thing that always surprised me was when the higher up managers came over and essentially shouted/screamed at the underlings in front of everyone...
                  Why are you surprised?

Once they get into management they treat those under them like sh*t.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Trouble is, they change numbers so often. Have been fortunate enough not to have been called by them yet but I know of people who receive calls from the same people but different numbers. They must buy a block of them and rotate.

Comment

i let them introduce themselves, and then say '<agency name>? - no, sorry, - i already have double glazing, thanks'
                      and hang up

Comment

Working...
                      X