• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You can block but they will find you.....
    They do. today another 3 calls, they seem to have a large supply of numbers

Comment

I had one ring me about a very well paid contract in Munich. Sounded good but at the end she casually asked me if I could speak fluent German!

Might have saved a lot of time all round if she asked that to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        They do. today another 3 calls, they seem to have a large supply of numbers
        Worse thing is some legit business is going to get one of their discarded numbers in a year and find their number is on a spammers list.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Agree, if the end client is prepared to accept broken English then I also have the problem of being interviewed in broken English.

Comment

The indian recruitment consultancies are the ones who are decreasing the rates.

I had a phone call from one of them and offered me €250/day (the worse example).

I was like "Sorry how much!?"

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Worse thing is some legit business is going to get one of their discarded numbers in a year and find their number is on a spammers list.
              Add to the list

+44-2037697195 / TGC World Limited /www.tgcworld.com but operating from Wembley.

Comment

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
                Add to the list

+44-2037697195 / TGC World Limited /www.tgcworld.com but operating from Wembley.
                No the registered address is some dodgy accountant/solicitor/whatever above a shop in Wembley but they are operating from India.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Brace yourselves with more of these stories to come, as we go into invoking article 50 / BREXIT and seek to do new business with non-eu countires and returning them favours.

Comment

Just thought I'd throw this in re: Indians in general. Early days at work, limited access etc, had this Indian guy message me could I edit a Tomcat file for him since he didn't have root, so I did cos there's fook all else to do ATM, he was well impressed.

Thanked me for 'Doing a solid for him'...

Never heard that one but it's going on the list.....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      Just thought I'd throw this in re: Indians in general. Early days at work, limited access etc, had this Indian guy message me could I edit a Tomcat file for him since he didn't have root, so I did cos there's fook all else to do ATM, he was well impressed.

Thanked me for 'Doing a solid for him'...

Never heard that one but it's going on the list.....
                      Alright Grandad, try watching a bit more of the Regular Show [emoji1]

Comment

Working...
                      X