• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Banks - BYOD or not?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Were you not issued with some Security policies when you started. More often than not internet/wifi usage is covered in there and although security affects all remember you are a supplier not a permie so have to think a bit beyond the basic security policy.
    Is it OK to steal clientco's electricity to charge my personal mobile phone though?
    What about using clientco's bandwidth to browse CUK?

Comment

Originally posted by CompulsiveArsonist View Post
      Is it OK to steal clientco's electricity to charge my personal mobile phone though?

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using the Contractor UK App...
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CompulsiveArsonist View Post
        I carry a car battery with me for that, helps me power the amp and my keyboard when i play tunes for the crowd in the tube on may way to/from the office...

On a more serious note, the closest thing to BYOD i have seen at banks is what Cojak described - use the remote access capability utilised for WFH from within the office. I don't believe WiFi internet that is not connected to the office network has anything to do with BYOD. I have an unlimited data plan with tethering on my phone and never use the ClientCo internet connection for personal or MyCo related tasks.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Banking gigs pay well but whatever floats your boat fella
          Agreed and to be quite frank, over the last 8 years, or so, I have only had a couple that were a real pain in the harris.
          I just didn't extend when offered.

My favourite gigs were always in media companies, back in the day, when a few hearty lunchtime drinks were actively encouraged.
          Reuters still had an extensive bar, in their canteen, when I contracted for them
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Agreed and to be quite frank, over the last 8 years, or so, I have only had a couple that were a real pain in the harris.
            I just didn't extend when offered.

My favourite gigs were always in media companies, back in the day, when a few hearty lunchtime drinks were actively encouraged.
            Reuters still had an extensive bar, in their canteen, when I contracted for them
            Did a stint with Spie Enertrans, short gig, French, once had a 4.5 hr lunch, in the pub, food everywhere, somebody got one of those huge plates of everything and if you ate it, you didn't pay for it. He ate it....

Wasn't in France, was in Southall, shortly before the Southall Rail crash, which was nothing to do with me.

I also got to drive an English Electric Class 37 Co-Co for a few yards backwards and forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Did a stint with Spie Enertrans, short gig, French, once had a 4.5 hr lunch, in the pub, food everywhere, somebody got one of those huge plates of everything and if you ate it, you didn't pay for it. He ate it....

Wasn't in France, was in Southall, shortly before the Southall Rail crash, which was nothing to do with me.

I also got to drive an English Electric Class 37 Co-Co for a few yards backwards and forwards.
              These were regular at a <Large Internet Provider> on a Friday, especially as we were so far ahead of the game on the project.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                These were regular at a <Large Internet Provider> on a Friday, especially as we were so far ahead of the game on the project.
                NHS Spine for BT was the best, 2k behind the bar on tab, ran out after about an hour, boss man just laughed and left his CC to use...

One time we spent nearly £900 on a takeaway on night on a live transition, so much so the next morning, a Saturday (was an all nighter) the restaurant people came in with all their cooking kit and cooked lunch in the office, Thai place, Chaophraya in Leeds, was bloody excellent, there was three spare lobsters lying around afterwards, sure some people just ordered anything and everything. that one cost £2300....

Few months later, new PM, on another live transition night, ordered 15 pizzas between 75 of us, nearly caused a riot........

Comment

Working...
                X