• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post

ME! ME! ME! .
    Oh, do give it a rest.

Comment

Well the consultancy I was working through up until June has chucked a few crumbs of work my way so I've got something until the end of January. Stems the outflow at the very least but I still need to find something with a bit more longevity about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Well the consultancy I was working through up until June has chucked a few crumbs of work my way so I've got something until the end of January. Stems the outflow at the very least but I still need to find something with a bit more longevity about it.
        A banana is a banana

Comment

Originally posted by fakenick View Post

Aren’t they already subsidising these services by paying for them (via tax) and not using them?
          Taxation isn't a pick and mix type of thing :P You pay for the stuff you don't use as well. They are just now being expected to contribute a fair amount of tax for the privileges they want for themselves. Its great and long overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by avonleigh View Post

What I mean is you usually pay for home schooling from an online school. You can of course home school without that, but that would mean giving up work and teaching your child yourself. I don't think many people choose that option as it's not cost effective and most people aren't qualified to teach.
            My daughter has a tutor and I have no idea actually if we pay VAT or not. Wife looks after it. But if they now have to charge VAT as well (I thought they already did - maybe wrong) then so be it.
            Last edited by dx4100; Today, 12:20.

Comment

What about them? Have their parents given up drinking, smoking, tattoos, takeaways to donate to their school? Let me know when they do, then we'll talk about how such children are my responsibility.
              Oh dear, someone wants an À la carte tax system :P

Bet you won't mind those children paying for your pension when you retire :P

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post

Oh dear, someone wants an À la carte tax system :P

Bet you won't mind those children paying for your pension when you retire :P
                Mind? I'd love it. But, our society will have collapsed long before then. Just need to walk around any city centre and the future is clear to see.

Comment

What about them? Have their parents given up drinking, smoking, tattoos, takeaways to donate to their school? Let me know when they do, then we'll talk about how such children are my responsibility.
                  That's the crux of the issue, mnay parents give up that list and more to get their kids a decent education simply because they value education more than than others and are prepared to make those sacrifices.

Personally, I would love to see another £20 billion pumped into the state system so its funded as well as private schools. But you know the masses would kick off having to pay out their pocket for that. It always amazes me when people compare the education systems to Finland not realising their private schools are charities like our own and te Finish taxes are much higher than ours which funds an excellent state system.

Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

How do you know what their parents spend their money on?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post

That's the crux of the issue, mnay parents give up that list and more to get their kids a decent education simply because they value education more than than others and are prepared to make those sacrifices.
                      And now they can give up a little bit more to pay the 20% VAT bill and count themselves lucky they have the means to make these choices.

Seriously makes me laugh when this debate happens and these parents want to be portrayed as some sort or martyrs or some how better than other parents for making such "sacrifices", paying out for private school rather than third Rolls Royce

Comment

Working...
                      X