• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    quite a few phone calls, but few interviews atm
    Are you perennially between contracts or something?

Comment

Originally posted by ensignia View Post

Are you perennially between contracts or something?
      Nope. He's full time troll and fantasist
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've been contacted by 3 different agencies I've never used before about the same role - it's one I'm not interested in, although the amount of work and rate were pretty good. I'd already recommended a friend for it to another agency and he's had 2 interviews for it so far. This hints that the 3 agencies contacting me are a bit behind the ball on it.
        Got contacted today by another agency about a 6 month part time role, 1 day a week on site, 1 day WFH. Reasonable rate, but the agency are not one i'd choose to work through and frankly if I wanted a 2 day a week role, I'd take it in the summer, not winter. But I'm going to stick with what I've got.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I received an email today inviting me to apply to be a social sciences lecturer at a college in Worthing.

I would dearly love to know what key words on my CV suggests I'd be remotely suitable for that job.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I received an email today inviting me to apply to be a social sciences lecturer at a college in Worthing.

I would dearly love to know what key words on my CV suggests I'd be remotely suitable for that job.
            Because you are good in social situations, albeit with a gin and tonic in hand and gave me a right lecturing at one point
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The words "glutton" and "punishment" come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Because you are good in social situations, albeit with a gin and tonic in hand and gave me a right lecturing at one point
                I thought you paid me to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Nope. He's full time troll and fantasist
                  good mod'ing firing random shots at long term users :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post

good mod'ing firing random shots at long term users :clap:
                    If that's how you interpreted it.

I interpreted as him telling the poster who ask the dumb question to piss off.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I guess another mod butt hurt with the deserved inactivity here, do you normally tell your fellow contractors to piss off?

laughable

Comment

Working...
                      X