• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

Outsourcing is nothing new - it may work, but it's rarely done so in the past.

For a lot of reasons people will want local UK workers.
    The last 18 months have shown that off shoring works, it's now just the problem of finding the sweet spot of competency vs price
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

The last 18 months have shown that off shoring works, it's now just the problem of finding the sweet spot of competency vs price
      It works until nature screws up your plans for a week or two.

Any large company with sense uses workers in multiple locations....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Saw a BA job being advertised by Michael Page. Get to the bottom section titled "job offer":

A competitive day rate of between £500-550 a day (outside IR35)
        Flexible working with the expectation to travel to their offices in London roughly once a week.
        The company offer an extensive Employee Value Proposition program which includes rewards and recognition, career development and a focus on well-being.

Comment

I fail to see the issue...

Comment

Originally posted by ensignia View Post
            I fail to see the issue...
            Which speaks volumes.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Which speaks volumes.
              Another swing and a miss from the resident Lisa Simpson.

The point I'm making is that outside of a few oddballs on here, no one thinks of contractors or perms in different terms. IR35 wouldn't exist if they did.

Comment

The point I'm making is that outside of a few oddballs on here, no one thinks of contractors or perms in different terms. IR35 wouldn't exist if they did.
                There isn’t a rolleyes big enough for that.

Comment

I interpreted your post as sarcasm or "the voice of the agent" perhaps I did wonder who would be along to take it literally.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Or facepalms, even Picard ones.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Care to list some of these actual, tangible reasons where ClientCo sees clear differences in the day-to-day workings of FTE and contractors? Other than pay.

Contractors are viewed as employees just like everyone else despite the delusions of some on here. Most contractors would view themselves as this as well.

Again, talking about the real world and not the decayed cesspit of the CUK forums where you have quixotics like NLUK happily posting away on client time but then claiming he's not a sockie. I suppose he's probably Inside now anyway, so his whole "I'm a genuine business, not a worker" nonsense hasn't exactly served him well.

Comment

Working...
                      X