• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trend of recent times where you get an excited agent ringing you about a hot contract that needs to be filled ASAP which gets pulled the following day seems to be continuing.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
      I've got to say - it's great to hear opportunities coming in, and 9/10 outside of IR35.

I think we possibly got what we wanted - the companies stopped taking the easy advice of the 'consultants' and actually made their roles outside of IR35, in name and in spirit. Everybody wins.
      why do clients keep doing that?

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post

why do agents keep doing that?
        FTFY.

Never trust an agent when they call "about a hot contract that needs to be filled ASAP"

Comment

Been contacted about an outside IR35 gig for an EU based firm but after some back and forth with contracts it seems neither the end client or agency understands what outside means. I mean there's making small changes or adding/removing clauses but not when you're twice sent a contract written for a permie role.

Comment

Suppose it varies for every skillset, but inside rates for me have just hit £800 a day, there are a few Outside roles ~£550 but if you are willing to go inside (I am) the market is good
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

My current gig ends soon, intention is for roles going to developing nations as we have been working remote last few months.

Back to cw jobs, roles quiet atm b4 xmas

ho hum

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
                My current gig ends soon, intention is for roles going to developing nations as we have been working remote last few months.

Back to cw jobs, roles quiet atm b4 xmas

ho hum
                Good luck to your current client - they are going to need it.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If our roles are given to people abroad , who are there or who are coming here, WHERE THE HELL are we supposed to go in the future? To their country?

I don't fancy hanging outside a train on my daily commute in India.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                    I've got to say - it's great to hear opportunities coming in, and 9/10 outside of IR35.

I think we possibly got what we wanted - the companies stopped taking the easy advice of the 'consultants' and actually made their roles outside of IR35, in name and in spirit. Everybody wins.
                    Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
                    If our roles are given to people abroad , who are there or who are coming here, WHERE THE HELL are we supposed to go in the future? To their country?

better start training your taste buds to new cuisines

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post

Outsourcing is nothing new - it may work, but it's rarely done so in the past.

For a lot of reasons people will want local UK workers.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X