• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simes View Post

Yup, I'm in one.

Also my sister, a PM contractor, is in an Outside contract. Different methods, but both instigated by a couple of responsible clients in entirely different industries.
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    If you are good enough there are
    OK maybe I was wrong. It appears any Tom, Dick or Harry can get one.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
      Are there any Outside IR35 contracts around anymore?
      it looks like rates are piss poor for outside contracts , for very few that are available

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
        it looks like rates are piss poor for outside contracts , for very few that are available
        for your skills maybe.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

for your skills maybe.
          are we assessing the health of the market by what a very small percent of all contractors are earning?
          everyone agrees market is crap. Some calls here and there. I personally haven't had a call for a contract for about 3 months and I believe I have a strong cv. (unless recruiters share feedback on us through hidden databases and rely on word of mouth from previous recruiters - which is very likely what they are doing)

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

are we assessing the health of the market by what a very small percent of all contractors are earning?
            everyone agrees market is crap. Some calls here and there. I personally haven't had a call for a contract for about 3 months and I believe I have a strong cv. (unless recruiters share feedback on us through hidden databases and rely on word of mouth from previous recruiters - which is very likely what they are doing)
            I think my point, which might have been poorly made, is that one person's assessment of whether the market is strong or not, is anecdotal.
            But this entire thread is just that. It's all doom and gloom.
            I've never been as busy with as many clients, and can only see that increasing. That is also anecdotal.

I guess the only reason this thread isn't in general is to prevent trolling.
            Worse than that. This thread is simply convincing people that there is no other work and they should take the high(er) risk of switching from outside to inside, when in reality if everyone moves client, there's a healthy vibrant fast moving market.
            Last edited by Lance; 15 April 2021, 18:41.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

for your skills maybe.
              so what kind of skillset have you got which supposedly is super hot

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post

so what kind of skillset have you got which supposedly is super hot
                cloud architect. Not super hot. Just in demand with 4 clients. A pipeline of more, and more work than I can do.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

cloud architect. Not super hot. Just in demand with 4 clients. A pipeline of more, and more work than I can do.
                  talk figures please we are have potential for £ks per day but if you have 450£ pd it is the same as a kebab shop and you are carrying more risk than them since all your income is from once source and ... 1 employee.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

talk figures please we are have potential for £ks per day but if you have 450£ pd it is the same as a kebab shop and you are carrying more risk than them since all your income is from once source and ... 1 employee.
                    Where does the 1 employee come from? He isn't an employee
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Where does the 1 employee come from? He isn't an employee
                      if that one entity suddenly becomes ill and cannot work. does the company receive any income? no. so one employee business.

sorry just saw this:
                      Originally posted by Hapax View Post

If your potential client was Vodafone, they have a huge reputation as massive time wasters.

Don't let them waste any more of yours.
                      Most likely it was an exercise driven by HR bods that local resources cannot be found so they can have their backs covered and bring people on sponsorship. Most of people that I have interacted with 1in HR(out of 3) and 2 devs were clearly fresh off boat. HR has about description not in UK but... (no discrimination here, I am an immigrant myself but the coincidence seems a bit too strong)

no brexitier here, but the point I am trying to make is that companies hire control. And you can't have a shorter leash than a work visa when your livelyhood is dependant on that piece of paper.
                      Last edited by GigiBronz; 15 April 2021, 23:39.

Comment

Working...
                      X