• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished an onsite 2 months contract peeps . Lazy permie support staff sitting at home has it's benefits for us. It was an Outside IR35 rate paying higher than average for my line of work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post

watching people leave is not an indicator of the market
      FTFY
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post

“getting calls” and watching people leave are not good indicators of a strong market. Most of the people i have seen leave in the past month are because IR35 negotiations broke down.
        Devs turning down outside ir35 extensions for better offers is a good anecdotal indicator for me.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
          Just finished an onsite 2 months contract peeps . Lazy permie support staff sitting at home has it's benefits for us. It was an Outside IR35 rate paying higher than average for my line of work.
          By lazy do you mean following government guidelines?

Comment

Approached about an inside gig. May take it to cover the bills for the next year, gain more experience in a few skills. Sadly it's with a consultancy who screwed me over before and with a client who were painful to supply services to before, so I doubt it'll go anywhere...

EDIT: The plan would be to use umbrella for inside gigs, look for additional contracts for the ltd company.
            Last edited by perplexed; 7 April 2021, 17:17.

Comment

Getting actual phone calls from actual agents about what seem to be actual contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by hungry_hog
                consultancies treat contractors worse then their own employees (which is already terrible)
                avoid avoid avoid
                I'm well aware of that, experienced it before - stood ground over unreasonable demand outside contract terms, terminated as a result.

At the moment, if it came off then it's still money - not that it will.

Comment

Are there any Outside IR35 contracts around anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by hungry_hog
                    Someone approached me on LI last week for a perm role in London paying 45k.

I explained to him that was exactly the same as the last perm job I had...20 years ago. 45k for 20 years experience, do me a lemon mate.

If I was gonna do that better off doing a combo of part time tutoring and working in Maccas, or dog walking.
                    45k is the new 90K people were turning down a year ago, the new norm

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
                      Are there any Outside IR35 contracts around anymore?
                      Have you tried subscribing to the daily jobs list that offpayroll.org.uk send out?

https://www.offpayroll.org.uk/contracts

Comment

Working...
                      X