• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Had it confirmed today - a chef applied for a DBA job this week (one requiring 5 years as a DBA).
    He could work for infosys then

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
      I know clients are trying to drive rates down, even for perms, but this is massively below minimum wage!

"Java Developer
      Sanderson Recruitment
      Swindon (SN1)
      £45 - £55 per annum + plus benefits"

After tax, you're looking around 50p a week!
      Better than this one:
      SQL Server Database Administrator (SQL Server DBA)
      Swansea, Wales - £30k - 40k per year
      Permanent

A good mix of the following is desirable:

Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc
      Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimsation using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
      Knowledge of SQL Server tools
      Experience of working with and supporting big data clusters
      Experience with Hadoop and Spark technologies
      Experience with Cloud database technologies
      Experience in performing DR tests
      Expert experience in implementing operational automation
      In return you will receive a salary of between £30,000 and £40,000 per annum plus an excellent benefits package and a great working environment (including free parking!).

I'm mean hey .. free parking!

Comment

Originally posted by Katalyst View Post
        Better than this one:
        Permanent

Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc
        Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimsation using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
        In return you will receive a salary of between £30,000 and £40,000 per annum plus an excellent benefits package and a great working environment (including free parking!).

Yeah, but don't forget you get to reside in, errm, Swansea. Who could possibly turn that down ( apart from anyone with a brain cell )?

Comment

The free parking alone makes this a great opportunity.

Comment

Maybe free parking is a way of saying that your ass will be dragged on site as soon as the restrictions have been lifted. Which by the looks of it, we seem to be already past that point and restaurants at least are using the “measures” only to show how swanky they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Katalyst View Post
              Better than this one:
              Permanent

Paging Darren Test...

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
                That might be the case for that agent, still seeing quite a bit on the boards atm.
                Definitely; as I reported, that's stage two after the targeted search doesn't turn up enough people.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Definitely; as I reported, that's stage two after the targeted search doesn't turn up enough people.
                  I think there's another part to stage 2.. Pimps are also posting contracts as Linkedin updates which appear in your content feed, provided you've added some pimps that is...
                  This is completely free for them, and it'll be picked up by contractors who they've previously added, not randoms.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                    I think there's another part to stage 2.. Pimps are also posting contracts as Linkedin updates which appear in your content feed, provided you've added some pimps that is...
                    This is completely free for them, and it'll be picked up by contractors who they've previously added, not randoms.
                    I follow a few recruiters and they did that in pre-pandemic days too. I would click like (or whatever) if the role had some relevance to people in my network to help it be visible to any who may be looking.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I follow a few recruiters and they did that in pre-pandemic days too. I would click like (or whatever) if the role had some relevance to people in my network to help it be visible to any who may be looking.
                      I do similar and call out to specific contacts where I know that they'd be suitable.
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
                      X