• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been told by multiple agents its only £10 to renew a jobserve ad for another day which is why so many leave it on auto renew which then creates a false impression of there being more roles if they forget to remove the auto renew for a role which is already gone!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      I know as a small supplier you are looking at around £350 for a Job Serve ad.
      Nah, lot less than that (I would have thought). Maybe a £100 or so. If purchased in bulk - 1000's ads per year - will be dirt cheap per posting. Thus Agents have nothing to lose by sticking an ad up, seeing a bunch of people wasting their time polishing up their CV, for you them to punt out for some £cash, or even harass for "previous hiring managers" references (if they have a some nice company names on the CV).

Comment

Originally posted by pauly View Post
        Nah, lot less than that (I would have thought). Maybe a £100 or so. If purchased in bulk - 1000's ads per year - will be dirt cheap per posting. Thus Agents have nothing to lose by sticking an ad up, seeing a bunch of people wasting their time polishing up their CV, for you them to punt out for some £cash, or even harass for "previous hiring managers" references (if they have a some nice company names on the CV).
        Its funny everyone seems to "know".

I said a small supplier, maybe someone who only posts around 8-10 roles a year approx.
        That someone told me it was £350 per ad. This seems to align with the below, 30 days for £330.

Obviously for bigger agencies they will not be paying nearly so much.

https://www.jobserve.com/gb/en/recruiter/pricelist.aspx

Quick Post

Post a 1 Week Job

£130.00

Post a 30 Day Job

£330.00
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Just found out I've been offered a 6 month renewal on my current gig (top rate, WFH), plus had a call from a previous local client asking if I was available.

Boomed!

Do what thou wilt

Comment

Back on Topic

Bringing the thread back on topic again, I was just wondering if there's been any upturn in the web development space over the past 4 months as I'm due to finish up current role in August.

Phone has been pretty quiet and my inbox pretty much empty so I'm guessing it's quiet and what with August approaching, we're getting towards what is traditionally a flat period of the year.

That said, I'll probably buck the trend and land something to start immediately which means I won't get the few weeks summer break that I'm so much looking forward to!

Comment

Some douchebag called me from a withheld number and said he is calling from JPMorgan
              and has a 500/day contract for me.
              After sniffing about if I am interviewing anywhere , he was quick to put the phone down.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                Some douchebag called me from a withheld number and said he is calling from JPMorgan
                and has a 500/day contract for me.
                After sniffing about if I am interviewing anywhere , he was quick to put the phone down.
                Ya would think, considering the amount of IT talent on this forum . It would not be beyond the capabilities of us to get some system in place so that genuine hiring managers and contractors could connect without the recruitment snakes? There seems to be middleman digital disruption in just about every vertical (car buying, letting, real estate, shopping) - so wtf is going on with IT contract recruitment. If freaking Sarah Beeny can do it?

Comment

Originally posted by pauly View Post
                  Ya would think, considering the amount of IT talent on this forum . It would not be beyond the capabilities of us to get some system in place so that genuine hiring managers and contractors could connect without the recruitment snakes? There seems to be middleman digital disruption in just about every vertical (car buying, letting, real estate, shopping) - so wtf is going on with IT contract recruitment. If freaking Sarah Beeny can do it?
                  Plenty of posts regarding that on here, should you choose to search
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                    Just found out I've been offered a 6 month renewal on my current gig (top rate, WFH), plus had a call from a previous local client asking if I was available.

Boomed!

Comment

Doomed!

My last day at current Client Co is 31 July.

Even though budget was offered to extend, by two senior sponsors, an overarching project, to decimate the London workforce, said you can only extend him if you lose a perm head count.
                      Client Co contact said they told us to go and feck ourselves, basically .

Currently they are changing the grain of their reporting Warehouse, a major exercise.
                      Unfortunately they are losing possibly the only person there who has actually done such an exercise before.

Unhappy Client Co Directors, at the sharper end, all around.

Ho hum
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X