• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
    What I wanted to point out was did the agency not check before posting the advert?
    Everyone here knows that an agent would not do anything more than the absolute minimum, including thinking. Cut paste, do as little as possible, bumble their way through and pocket as much dosh as they can. Rinse and repeat. First agent operated like this and the last one on earth probably will I am afraid.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Am I the only one who has no patience with lazy recruiters?

Just had a call with someone who wanted to know my address (it's on the cv), my DOB (it's on the cv) and my visa status (it's on the cv).

I know I shouldnt but end up putting the phone down.

Comment

Originally posted by SchumiStars View Post

Just had a call with someone who wanted to know my address (it's on the cv), my DOB (it's on the cv) and my visa status (it's on the cv).

I would never put my Address, DOB details in my CV. Not only they are unnecessary but also makes you vulnerable to identity theft.
        Last edited by BigDataPro; 1 February 2024, 10:27.

Comment

It seems to be a thing now to demand a set of details as a cover sheet for an application. Usually they can be sound on your CV. But as as has been noted here recruiters will do as little work as possible. It's a number sgame for most of them; throw as many CVs at the client as you can and hope something sticks. Then collect your fee.

At the end of the say it's up to you how to react. Do you want the job? Then fill in the form and hope you get lucky.

T

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

I would never put my Address, DOB details in my CV. Not only they are unnecessary but also makes you vulnerable to identity theft.
            I wouldn't put my DOB, let them think im a 20 something rock star programmer, till the interview that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post

I wouldn't put my DOB, let them think im a 20 something rock star programmer, till the interview that is.
              I had a HR person last year use tricks like please provide details of all your degrees including the year . Which i think was just them want to know my age without asking directly.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

I had a HR person last year use tricks like please provide details of all your degrees including the year . Which i think was just them want to know my age without asking directly.
                Often the year of graduation is an indicator of your experience, as most start professional work straight after uni. Then again one look at a CV tells you all you need to know, so why the hell even bother

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                  With every year, I grow more cynical. Just seen this job ad.

Imagine being the person who wrote this. Wonder if anything of any tangible value has ever been delivered there?

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

I would assume that its one of those big Indian consultancy (e.g. Infosys, TCS etc), correct?

Comment

Why on earth would you put your address and Dob on a CV? it's not the 1990's now you now. DoB is only going to open you to discrimination which is illegal do don't let them do it and no one needs your address anymore, except to put you out of the running as you aren't local to them and haven't had a chance to explain your preferences for commuting/staying over.

Two big faux pas that's not going to help you when it lands with a recruiter.

I wonder how many other things are wrong with your CV if you are making those basic mistakes.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X