• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    With every year, I grow more cynical. Just seen this job ad.

Imagine being the person who wrote this. Wonder if anything of any tangible value has ever been delivered there?
    I did laugh sir!

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
      With every year, I grow more cynical. Just seen this job ad.

Imagine being the person who wrote this. Wonder if anything of any tangible value has ever been delivered there?
      May be I'm wrong, I don't know. It think it is understandable.

//We are looking for a Business Analyst to support the Data Improvements work within the Operating Model Optimisation workstream of the Advice Transformation Programme.//

Programme: Advice Transformation
      Workstream: Operating Model Optimisation (there are other streams as well)
      What do they do: Data Improvements work
      Who do they need: A Business Analyst

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

May be I'm wrong, I don't know. It think it is understandable.

//We are looking for a Business Analyst to support the Data Improvements work within the Operating Model Optimisation workstream of the Advice Transformation Programme.//

Programme: Advice Transformation
        Workstream: Operating Model Optimisation (there are other streams as well)
        What do they do: Data Improvements work
        Who do they need: A Business Analyst
        It's extraneous detail, though, which points to a degree of cluelessness and officiousness. They should've stuck with BA for data improvements. Then again, you can never take these ads too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

It's extraneous detail, though, which points to a degree of cluelessness and officiousness. They should've stuck with BA for data improvements. Then again, you can never take these ads too seriously.
          We can actually infer a lot of things from this job description.

1. Very large company
          2. Likely to be Financial or Insurance or Government.
          3. Possibly Greenfield, therefore longer contract duration.
          4. Spec could have been written for the audience within the company.
          5. As they couldn't find any one internally, they have advertised just by copying it.
          Last edited by BigDataPro; 30 January 2024, 18:35.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

We can actually infer a lot of things from this job description.

1. Very large company
            2. Likely to be Financial or Insurance or Government.
            3. Possibly Greenfield, therefore longer contract duration.
            4. Spec could have been written for the audience within the company.
            5. As they couldn't find any one internally, they have advertised just by copying it.
            Points 4 and 5 are most likely where the extraneous info comes from.

Sometimes, if you're aware of the company, then knowing that detail is helpful as you'll have a rough idea of which part it's working with and (potentially) who.

Comment

Few more contracts about now but all uncontactable. I feel the pimps are CV harvesting.
              I am going to apply for JSA in the meantime and continue gaming at home.

Just finished Splinter cell 1!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

on first look, it appears they actually don't know what they want, I've just (a personal retro of sorts) gone back through all contacts I had for a role as a BusinessProcess consultant ( BA that draws boxes- whatever blah). from Dec 2023, 22 phone calls with agent, 1 interview late dec with program manager (no PMO, No business case, no formal PMO doc's or processes, no product owner, no other PM's - no major stakeholder identified, no clear sigma waste/targets, but surprise a hard deadline in May , with a regulatory stop in Aug). lol.

Finally, after rescheduling 3 times in Jan ,I get to "present". examples of my work and how I got there, so I have quite a few, p2p, aviation safety, education, lead to cash, legal criminal process etc blah blah blah. BPMN notation and or whatever the client wants - to be honest I think o over did it and confused them, I must remember to take 1000mg in magnesium or have a Scooby before engagement again

3 stakeholders finally attend, 1 of whom I was not told , and all of whom are clueless as to what they want, they can't seem to grasp the process, asking questions like. "how would you approach a stakeholder that disagreed with you". how would you conduct a remote session, lol.

Then to cap it all, they then only want to pay for a 3 day week, but I'll bet they clock watch and send requests on the other 2 days

bye!! nope, I think I'll stack shelves

Time spent learning this (we're all learning and I should have trusted my spidey sense earlier in Jan). about a day, well worth it!

bet they miss that deadline with flying colours

Comment

SC Cleared Senior Cyber Security Analyst

Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England - £0 per day

<modsnip>

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
                    SC Cleared Senior Cyber Security Analyst

Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England - £0 per day
                    You've find a role that's ripped off the perm job spec? Well done.

Hardly worth a post or getting banned for. See you in a couple of days.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

You've find a role that's ripped off the perm job spec? Well done.

Hardly worth a post or getting banned for. See you in a couple of days.
                      What I wanted to point out was did the agency not check before posting the advert?

Comment

Working...
                      X