• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timesheets not getting approved

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
    Do not get involved directly this is what the agency is for let them handle this. Just tell your agent though if its not resolved soon you need to look elsewhere as you need the money urgently. Its either the new PM playing silly buggers or they have cash flow issues. Worse case scenario is the new PM does not like/want you & has someone else in mind so they are trying to push you out. I insist on all timesheets being signed within a week otherwise I gently hassle until they do so. In future do not let it go this long without getting it signed as now its an issue the figure will be well into 5 figures if they boot you out without paying your going to spend several grand trying to pursue this. All IT contracts are only ever valid when you have all the money in your bank account! Good luck.
    That's not very good advice. For a start sitting back and letting the agent deal with it when the PMs are on site is a pretty poor way of dealing with the issue.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      That's not very good advice. For a start sitting back and letting the agent deal with it when the PMs are on site is a pretty poor way of dealing with the issue.
      +1

I like the idea of getting the 2 managers together.

5 weeks seems like a long time to let this ride. I would have escalated sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
        You are dealing with this for 5 weeks and you are not be able to understand why he didn't sign your timesheets. This can't be happen.

If his manager give him the permition to sign your timesheets, you should need to have a serious conversation with you PM regarding this.

Have a meeting with him or with both if necessary.
        Do it TODAY.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          +1

I like the idea of getting the 2 managers together.

5 weeks seems like a long time to let this ride. I would have escalated sooner.
          Meeting. 2 managers. 1 laptop.

Don't leave the room until it's all been approved

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
            Meeting. 2 managers. 1 laptop.

Don't leave the room until it's all been approved
            I'm usually sitting at their backs on day 0 . if thats not signed within 30 min then i start to push them etc. 5 weeks? i'd leave the site after week 1 probably.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
              I'm usually sitting at their backs on day 0 . if thats not signed within 30 min then i start to push them etc. 5 weeks? i'd leave the site after week 1 probably.
              Worst advice so far.
              Sorry, your lack of experience really shows.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Worst advice so far.
                Sorry, your lack of experience really shows.
                Nope, you know nothing. I actually CARE for my affairs. And he's like "meh i have money so no issues, 5 weeks without signature, whatever"
                Last edited by diseasex; 4 May 2016, 11:47.

Comment

Nope, you know nothing. I actually CARE for my affairs. And he's like "meh i have money so no issues, 5 weeks without signature, whatever"

I'd say my 16 years contracting vs your <1 would count for a lot actually.

You think you are so important you would be stamping your foot after 30 minutes like like petulant child?
                  Good way to p*ss your client right off and bye bye renewal.

Ever gone direct, obviously not?

In addition, I didn't say I agreed with him either.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    I'd say my 16 years contracting vs your <1 would count for a lot actually.

You think you are so important you would be stamping your foot after 30 minutes like like petulant child?
                    Good way to p*ss your client right off and bye bye renewal.

Ever gone direct, obviously not?

In addition, I didn't say I agreed with him either.
                    I've gone direct before indeed even if for short. Either way - timesheets are important and should be signed asap otherwise - whatever contract says but usually its a breach of the contract.

Comment

I've gone direct before indeed even if for short. Either way - timesheets are important and should be signed asap otherwise - whatever contract says but usually its a breach of the contract.
                      You sure about that??......
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X