• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timesheets not getting approved

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I was going to make a comment about jam doughnuts with strings, but I won't.
    Take one to the Antiques Roadshow and ask them which period it came from

Seriously, though, it probably depends on the sector. In IB, there's no need because they're all well paid anyway.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
      Water and ducks backs come to mind

"Yeah we are getting rid of the contractor because he doesn't brew up" - Said no one ever
      It's been a long thread so excuse me please, but are we saying you never go to the pub or is it one of the county council sort of places where, when they go, they cheese real drinkers off by queuing up to buy and pay individually, while dangling their IDs on chains around their necks? Or are you of those that only goes occasionally, accepts a couple of drinks but never buys a round because you never (in your opinion) stay until it is your turn?

I only ask ask because if it is the latter, you owe me a few pints!

Comment

Met plenty of permies who won't buy their share of cakes, or are too miserable to come to the pub.

The only difference is for us contractors, it might swing an extension over a miserable contractor when push comes to shove (budgets getting cut, whatever)

So to me, it's a no brainer to participate in this type of thing.

In fact, I'm sure it does affect permies too (bonus, promotion etc)

Comment

nah its all fluff...

Comment

Working...
          X