• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timesheets not getting approved

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
    What are they paying me to do ? A job for them or to be their mates...

I haven't had a client yet who hasn't had total respect for me and wanted to renew me (even if they couldn't due to budget or simply not enough work to justify). They tend to like the fact I actually do the work they are paying me to do with none of the fluff.

I think you are getting a picture I am not professional or polite. I don't sit in the corner telling everyone to do one I polite decline their silly requests and manufacture reasons why I won't bow down to office culture. Its all easily done.

Come out for a drink after work - I can't I have to pick kids up
    Come out to lunch
    - I can't I need to pick the kids up and need to leave on time (I generally don't do lunch so I can get out earlier)
    Fancy a brew - Tackled first day by saying I only drink water
    Someone buys me cakes - thanks but I am on a diet. Negates the need to buy them back

Everyone loves me... When all their tulip fails its usually me who gets them out of the tulip. I secretly despise them....
    Never underestimate the power of a moaning permie is all I'm saying. You won't win this one.

Every client is different. Some managers/permies won't care how you act, some will, some will actually not like you being there until you can prove you're not a nobhead.

I just think its easy/little hassle to get permies onside in MOST clients so why not.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Would you really consider a different one just because he wouldn't brew up for you and do the lottery with you ?

Or would his quality and value for money work make you do your own brewing up ? and perhaps make him one without expecting one in return ?

I think we both know the answer
      Its different like I said. BUT as I said before I have blown off the carpet guy because he did my head in.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Its different like I said. BUT as I said before I have blown off the carpet guy because he did my head in.
        Bloody hell how much carpet was he putting in ??

Comment

Never underestimate the power of a moaning permie is all I'm saying. You won't win this one.

Every client is different. Some managers/permies won't care how you act, some will, some will actually not like you being there until you can prove you're not a nobhead.

I just think its easy/little hassle to get permies onside in MOST clients so why not.
          I am not brewing up for no man... or woman for that matter

Ok I might do lunch if you are buying....

Comment

What are they paying me to do ? A job for them or to be their mates...
            Can't you multitask?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Can't you multitask?
              If it pays..

Comment

I am not brewing up for no man... or woman for that matter

Ok I might do lunch if you are buying....
                Really? I've done all sorts at current client co.

Junior lad here collects the milk from local shop - he was off one day. I went. So effing what? Just proves to the permies that I dont sit there and think I tulip solid chunks of thorntons choc.

Comment

Really? I've done all sorts at current client co.

Junior lad here collects the milk from local shop - he was off one day. I went. So effing what? Just proves to the permies that I dont sit there and think I tulip solid chunks of thorntons choc.
                  Sounds a bit part and parcel that.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Sounds a bit part and parcel that.
                    For sure... He sounds like a permie to me...

Comment

For sure... He sounds like a permie to me...
                      Some of his behaviours are good - getting the first round in always helps, as does occasional donuts and other stuff that builds good relationships. I don't give free pens and stress balls out; people respond just as well to beer and cake in general. I wouldn't be doing the milk run though.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X