• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

sponsor tier2 visa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sponsor tier2 visa

I have colleague who is on work visa and now has secured a contract. He needs a work visa (tier2?) to work in UK.
    Is it possible for me as a one man consulting company to sponsor him and take some % off his day rate? Has anyone done this ?

You need to be licences and you have to have advertised each position IIRC
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Bearing in mind you and your colleagues inability to use Google I'd say even if it is possible (which it is not) the application should be instantly denied.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I was looking for any personal experiences.
        There are dozens of companies and umbrellas doing this. Are they doing it illegally?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
          I was looking for any personal experiences.
          There are dozens of companies and umbrellas doing this. Are they doing it illegally?
          There are 27,895 companies doing it, significantly less than that number will be one man bands trying to help a mate out
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            I have colleague who is on work visa and now has secured a contract. He needs a work visa (tier2?) to work in UK.
            Is it possible for me as a one man consulting company to sponsor him and take some % off his day rate? Has anyone done this ?
            It's illegal - trust me.

Also you'd need to become a licenced sponsor and perform the resident market labour test which in this case would be rejected since the applicant has already been preselected.

Comment

I'm a tier 2 sponsor, so can offer some information on this.

First of all I needed obtain a sponsor license for MyCo Ltd. I had to explain why I was applying for a license - which in my case was because I was employing a Tier 5 holder (Canadian national). I had to give information about the post, and some background information about my company. I got the impression that they wanted to be assured as to the legitimacy of my company. Once that hurdle was passed, we had to do the market labour test. Once that was approved, the rest was a formality.

Some things to bear in mind:

Migrant sponsorship is not to be taken lightly. The Home Office expects you to take your responsibilities seriously.

Your proposal won't work. You need to employ your colleague, i.e. salary, etc (and that salary must meet the minimum threshold). You could, I suppose, employ him and contract him out (as long as you passed the market labour test which you probably won't), but you can't take a % of his daily rate.

Unless you are intending to employ the migrant, I wouldn't even entertain the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                It's illegal - trust me.

Also you'd need to become a licenced sponsor and perform the resident market labour test which in this case would be rejected since the applicant has already been preselected.
                No. Whilst you can't prejudge the market labour test, you can in certain circumstances have an employee already in the role, as I did with my employee who was here on a Tier 5 visa. We did the Market Labour Test, no viable applicants, and so we applied the CoS to her. She was already in the role when we started.

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
                  No. Whilst you can't prejudge the market labour test, you can in certain circumstances have an employee already in the role, as I did with my employee who was here on a Tier 5 visa. We did the Market Labour Test, no viable applicants, and so we applied the CoS to her. She was already in the role when we started.
                  Well if no suitable applicants fair enough, UKVI has toughened up too, look on immigrationboards, this, Surinder Singh route for elderly parents and false earning claims for points for T1G extentions are currently hot topics!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Well if no suitable applicants fair enough, UKVI has toughened up too, look on immigrationboards, this, Surinder Singh route for elderly parents and false earning claims for points for T1G extentions are currently hot topics!
                    Yup, you're right. Certainly, there were a good few hoops to go through in my experience. Nothing wrong with that though, as long as you know what you're doing - and I'm not sure the OP does. There's certainly not a valid reason for him employing a migrant worker from the sounds of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X