• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency asking for laptop log-in details following termination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The password might well be something unmemorable like ApxR5%j4x and held e.g. in some password container app on a phone.
    I had a new hire set an ssh key passphrase that seemed to be an entire sentence and then forget it within a minute or two, after I had gone through a laborious manual process to distribute it. He then created a new one which I suggested he record in some kind of password safe. I think he forgot that one within a day or two? After that I didn't bother distributing his key until he requested access to a machine. Needless to say his probation was extended.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
      I had a new hire set an ssh key passphrase that seemed to be an entire sentence and then forget it within a minute or two, after I had gone through a laborious manual process to distribute it. He then created a new one which I suggested he record in some kind of password safe. I think he forgot that one within a day or two? After that I didn't bother distributing his key until he requested access to a machine. Needless to say his probation was extended.
      Cool story bro... Got any contractor ones?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Cool story bro... Got any contractor ones?
          Not yet.

Comment

I never put any personal stuff on any corporate machines, I merely logon to my citrix server at home and do what I need that way

Comment

Originally posted by Boney M View Post
              I never put any personal stuff on any corporate machines, I merely logon to my citrix server at home and do what I need that way
              Don't clients Security policies cover logging in to unauthorised remote stuff or are they so badly written it nor ally won't apply?

I would have thought logging on to something which isnt allowed by the security policy is much worse than having some personal stuff on a works PC?
              Last edited by northernladuk; 2 March 2016, 23:22.

Comment

Don't clients Security policies cover logging in to unauthorised remote stuff or are they so badly enforced it nor ally won't apply?
                FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                  FTFY
                  But enforcing it would mean you getting caught and walked no?

Comment

Don't clients Security policies cover logging in to unauthorised remote stuff or are they so badly written it nor ally won't apply?

I would have thought logging on to something which isnt allowed by the security policy is much worse than having some personal stuff on a works PC?
                    I log on through my own CAG so no how are they going to prevent that and it doesnt touch their system at all

Comment

Personal laptop on site with mobile acting as wifi hotspot. Simple.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X