• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency asking for laptop log-in details following termination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I didn't know BrilloPad was Indian.
    Come to think of he did also leave a batman suit in his drawer so it could well have been BP!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Have you been paid yet?
      Yes I have, why?

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Win View Post
        Yes I have, why?
        So did you work the full notice or leave early in the end. What happened?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          So did you work the full notice or leave early in the end. What happened?
          Mutually agreed with client to finish earlier - apparently an internal (employee) can step in.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            That is information between you and the client, the agency should not be involved in the client's security policies. Of course, if you really left the client in the lurch, they might just insist on going through the agent.

My advice? Contact the client directly and politely and professionally assist them. Once the issue is resolved, let the agent know. If the agent gets annoyed, tell them that the client security policy prohibited you from divulging the information to them.
            This makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Win View Post
              Yes I have, why?
              Ignore the request. They will go away.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                Ignore the request. They will go away.
                Just give them the password and don't be an as**.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Is it that your password is 'p155fl4p5' and you don't want to tell them?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Is it that your password is 'p155fl4p5' and you don't want to tell them?
                    I wish I could say that's the worst one I've seen...

Comment

Seems an odd request to even bother asking for it, it is not exactly difficult to reset a domain password and even easier to deal with a local password, maybe the requester at clientco hasn't figured that out yet.

Unless something like bitlocker has been used then simply booting off a Linux live distro will make a typical NTFS file system fully available so the data is hardly secure.

I would simply comply with the clients request but as said above do it directly not via the agency.
                      It shows good will should they ever have another gig for you.

No one forgets a password after 5 days, so saying that, they would just see as being uncooperative,
                      They will access it eventually not providing the details just makes it more challenging to do so.
                      So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Working...
                      X