• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking for next gig while on client side

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take the call at my desk, I don't give a sh*t if other people can hear me doing business.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
      Take the call at my desk, I don't give a sh*t if other people can hear me doing business.
      Smart.. Real smart.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Smart.. Real smart.
        I fail to see what difference it makes. I'm not being paid by the hour; a ten minute call isn't going to matter. Not like I'm sitting next to my manager!

Comment

Smart.. Real smart.
          For me, that's very much an "it depends". If client have shown no interest in extending, why shouldn't I look for other work?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            For me, that's very much an "it depends". If client have shown no interest in extending, why shouldn't I look for other work?
            It's more the comment about him not giving a tulip about who hears him doing business in the client office. I didn't even mention his 'manager'.

Comment

It's more the comment about him not giving a tulip about who hears him doing business in the client office. I didn't even mention his 'manager'.
              Manger can mean hiring manager rather than line manager.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Shhhhh..

Comment

I'd see the call on my phone then go to a meeting room (or the canteen) and call back from there. It's what most of the permies do as well when they want to chat to their wives/girlfriends/mistresses/etc.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I do not like doing back to back gigs, I always have some time off between.

Until the last week of a contract I will only prep my CV, any calls I get I mention I am on a Clients site and invite them to email me.

Unless you have explicitly been told you are not being renewed, there is a chance they could offer you something on your last day so don't burn any bridges by staying professional to the end.
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Line manager in this case and no, I don't care about IR35 either.

If the contract is running out I say it's fair play. Is anyone actually %100 busy on whatever job they're getting paid for? What's the difference between taking a call from a recruiter and renewing your car insurance on company time - or posting on this forum?

Comment

Working...
                      X