Posts 1 to 10 of 23

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Mortgage brokers

Hi,

Having read the websites of the following companies, I am still not sure which one I should go for it. How do you choose a right one? any tips.

Freelancer Financials, ContractorMortgagesUk or Countrywide.co.uk

It is interesting to find that their fees are different. Any recommendations?

My post count is Majestic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Freelancer Financials. I've had 4 mortgages through them. A mix of BTL and contractor and they are only charge 599.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 15th February 2016 at 11:05. Reason: Removed Contact Details
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Fingers like lightning

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And are the normal banks/brokers as 'unapproachable' as the above companies' marketing spiel would suggest?

More time posting than coding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Freelancer Financials. I've had 4 mortgages through them. A mix of BTL and contractor and they are only charge 599.
    This company advised me, as a way of avoiding extra dividend tax, to close my company and claim ER. Then form a new company straight away. When I suggested that my accountant dis-advised this method, he said get a new accountant.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 15th February 2016 at 11:50. Reason: Contact Details Removed

TripleIronDad

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Are they the cheapest? Will they just go to HBOS anyway?
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 15th February 2016 at 11:51. Reason: Contact Details Removed
    I keep pushing forwards but they keep pushing me backwards. So I have new rules. 1. Don't feed the trolls you know they have no souls. 2. Don't respond to them they'll only post back back again. 3. Don't be their friend they'll only knife you in the back. I have new rules I count them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    And are the normal banks/brokers as 'unapproachable' as the above companies' marketing spiel would suggest?
    If you want to go hunting on the off chance the providor does offer a contracting option and that option does actually suit your needs (they have some very different criteria) and that provider can offer someone that has a clue how we work to deal with and that the rate happens to be the best then fill your boots.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Are they the cheapest? Will they just go to HBOS anyway?
    I dunno about cheapest. I saw the other day someone else is charging 799 so cheaper that some.

If Halifax is the best product then why not? There aren't many and from what I can tell they have different criteria. Some are pretty strict and want to know that your contract is over x months long and you've got y months left on it. I think Virgin were like that so restricted to where you are in the gig. Halifax seem to have nailed that area of the market so would be the best choice I guess. I am sure they gave me a couple of different options. I know they gave me a couple when I went with the BTL and I picked Birmingham Midshires (which you have to go to a broker for).

Godlike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Freelancer Financials: very very good. Have used them a number of times over the past few years.

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What about the countrywide? any good? someone told me that they are also a big company dealing with contractor mortgage. They charge 200 pounds less than freelancer financial.

The question is how you pick the right one? Do you guy talk to several brokers and then compare them based on the good deals? Any tips?

I haven't contacted them yet as I don't want to pass my personal data and information to so many brokers for comparison.

More time posting than coding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Freelancer Financials: very very good. Have used them a number of times over the past few years.
    Mind if I ask what you constitute good? Is it the rate you got or the fact you got a mortgage at all, based on your circumstances?