• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Threats from agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    My current contract is at an end client I turned down 9 years ago (I accepted a permie role elsewhere in stead, my mistake)
    Over time all managers will have left or moved, no one will remember you ever turned down an offer
    Yet I've seen it happen. How odd.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
      People getting angry usually means that the anger is the only recourse they have.

Learn the power of simply saying 'no' and walking away. Not my circus, not my monkeys.
      Also learn the power of "and". To everything the other party says, respond "And?". E.g.
      - I'm really unhappy that you've turned down the job at this stage
      - And?
      - Well it's really unprofessional.
      - And?
      - You'll be blacklisted.
      - And?
      - You'll never work in this industry again
      - And?

repeat until other party explodes.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Yet I've seen it happen. How odd.
        I don't doubt this at all, but I'm not sure I'd want to work for someone so petty anyway!

Comment

All a recruiter needs to do is mark the candidate's Daxtra (or whatever software) file with "conversation required" - as in somewhere in the spectrum of "talk to me before recommending this person to another client" and "carry on looking for someone else" depending on scarcity.

HR can do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
            All a recruiter needs to do is mark the candidate's Daxtra (or whatever software) file with "conversation required" - as in somewhere in the spectrum of "talk to me before recommending this person to another client" and "carry on looking for someone else" depending on scarcity.

HR can do the same.
            Depending on your skillset it means SFA.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Depending on your skillset it means SFA.
              Hence why I wrote
              depending on scarcity.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Some points to consider from experience:
                Don't expect to work at that end client that you've turned down. Ever. I know some have informal lists.
                Doesn't that rely on them knowing who you are in the first place, and remembering? Even a small company is deluged in CVs pretty much constantly.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Doesn't that rely on them knowing who you are in the first place, and remembering? Even a small company is deluged in CVs pretty much constantly.
                  CTRL-F?

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

HR can do the same.
                    One agency out of 10 million. Probably even just one agent out of that agency. I've seen that happen too. One agent is peed off with you but another at same place doesnt give a monkeys if it gets him commision instead.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

One agent is peed off with you but another at same place doesnt give a monkeys if it gets him commision instead.
                      +1

Better still if the 'pro' agent skips ship to another agency.

Comment

Working...
                      X