• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LOL! Hadoop Developer required in Geneva for €300 = £225 a day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! Hadoop Developer required in Geneva for €300 = £225 a day

I saw a contract advert for Hadoop Developer. Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, HBase, Zookeeper, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Cassandra, Oozie, Flume, Chukwa, Pentaho Kettle and Talend required.
    All for £225 a day... in Switzerland...
    And if you think the client is a Mickey Mouse Consulting, you're wrong, it's a Tier 1 bank...
    Anyone fancy a well-paying gig?
    Is IT contracts market in deep crisis?

Originally posted by Relaxed View Post
    I saw a contract advert for Hadoop Developer. Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, HBase, Zookeeper, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Cassandra, Oozie, Flume, Chukwa, Pentaho Kettle and Talend required.
    And if you think the client is a Mickey Mouse Consulting, you're wrong, it's a Tier 1 bank...
    Bob will be all over it. No proven track record required, just saw it over someone's shoulder.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Are these technologies somehow named after extended family members of teletubbies?
      Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
        Are these technologies somehow named after extended family members of teletubbies?
        I assumed he'd made most of them up.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Been doing this for a while now, the technology is quite ok to work with,
          the difficult part is remembering wtf the things are called.

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
            Been doing this for a while now, the technology is quite ok to work with,
            the difficult part is remembering wtf the things are called.
            Tinky-Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa, Po

HTHBIDI
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Apart from jokes, is market in such a bad condition?

Comment

The market in many areas is in a pretty good condition, but Hadoop looks like it's fairly low end stuff - £20 per hour in the US for a senior developer.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

All for £225 a day... in Switzerland... ...
                  If it was permie, that amount would be about right.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    If it was permie, that amount would be about right.
                    225*11*21=51975, even for permie in Switzerland it's half price

Comment

Working...
                    X