• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice needed in dismissal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Punch him, moan about it on here a bit, deffo send an invoice for notice period, claim JSA, sit at home watching jeremy kyle, moan on here a bit more, post crap on here a bit more, upset NLUK again.
    What's more concerning is that you have a documented process for it.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      PC started a thread on it. NLUK pointed out it is in the new starters guide.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        PC started a thread on it. NLUK pointed out it is in the new starters guide.
        What is, how to behave like PC????
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Punch him,
          Ah, vindicated, I knew PC would have chinned the guy.

OP please take note

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by pomp74 View Post
            Hi, I approached the director of the company iv been working for (3yrs) to give notice of my intention to move on -blah, blah, blah - the announcement was made iv left!!

So you got what you went in for? And possibly even faster than you'd hoped, presumably you have a reasonable war-chest after three years and something to go to in a month or so (hence you wanted to give notice?) so you now have Christmas with the family.

Send the director a bottle of scotch to thank him.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy
              Or run away if he was bigger than me.....
              Actually, that was the bit I forget to give, in my instructions to the OP.

Hope he doesn't get a right pasting
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

@OP -

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by BrilloPad
                  Being Welsh aren't you short?
                  I cannot get size 11-14 socks in M&S in Wales. They have to be ordered in. All the welsh are too short so have small willies.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    All the welsh are too short so have small willies.
                    I will take your word for it.

I could ask ex-mrs-bp-2. But if its bad news I don't want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
                      It doesn't matter a bean. He's been tulip-canned and that's the end of it.

Potentially he can hit the agency for notice pay, depends on the terms.
                      If he can get notice pay then that sure matters more than a bean.

Regardless though - your contract is a legal document. Your client cannot simply terminate it on the spur of the moment for no reason. They can issue you notice and say there's no work, or they can march you out if YOU have broken the contract.

If they do things in the wrong way they could be legally liable, just as you could be if you simply didn't come in rather than exercising your MOO clause.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X