• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice needed in dismissal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd assume this is a small to medium sized business if you are dealing with the director. So three years in environments like that would most certainly make you part and parcel. He thinks so and I bet you don't know the difference so you've got away from a potentially bad situation IR35 wise. Don't work at clients for that long unless you understand what you are and work hard at staying that way. You don't sound like you are COTBAC at this point in time.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

OP - When you went into the office, did you plan to just not accept another extension and leave at the end? Or invoke any sort of notice period?

Both perfectly acceptable IMHO.

Sounds like this guy, in effect, served you notice, in an unprofessional way.

Some clients are like this. Seem to think you're not allowed to leave them ever.

OK, so you're not in the office and have left straight away. I'd be tempted to bill them for notice period. If only as a bit of a laugh to wind this guy up a bit more.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

In situations like this, people often wonder, what would PC do?

Chin up, start claiming JSA.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Didn't PC just sit things out and get a 4 month extension?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Thought that was a 4 month offer where PC wasn't sure why it was 4 months and wanted our help to figure out why?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Punch him, moan about it on here a bit, deffo send an invoice for notice period, claim JSA, sit at home watching jeremy kyle, moan on here a bit more, post crap on here a bit more, upset NLUK again.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                U-turn by current client. 3 month extension awaiting confirmation.

Comment

Thought that was a 4 month offer where PC wasn't sure why it was 4 months and wanted our help to figure out why?
                  This was for another gig I was in with a shout for.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    U-turn by current client. 3 month extension awaiting confirmation.

Give it a few days and it will be 2 months...
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Give it a few days and it will be 2 months...
                      Maybe it will. Anything to take me over xmas period will be welcome.

Comment

Working...
                      X