• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is "departmental/company records check"??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is "departmental/company records check"??

Hi Members,

Could somebody tell me please that what does it mean by? " departmental/company records check" during SC clearance.

Wikipedia says "A departmental/company records check which will include e.g. personal files, staff reports, sick leave returns and security records."

Does somebody knows that how the companies do check this record?

Replies will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by lalu View Post
    Hi Members,

Could somebody tell me please that what does it mean by? " departmental/company records check" during SC clearance.

Wikipedia says "A departmental/company records check which will include e.g. personal files, staff reports, sick leave returns and security records."

Does somebody knows that how the companies do check this record?

Replies will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    If you have applied for SC, the vetting officer will request relevant information from the companies you claim to have worked for in the past. By signing the application you have given them permission to ask for this and for your former employers to disclose it.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

You a bit nervous or something?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        You a bit nervous or something?
        You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

But my friend said that SC clearance people don't ask to your previous employer but to HMRC only, because SC clearance people work for Govt and they contact only to HMRC.

But you said that they will contact to my previous employer.
          Will they contact both of them?
          or only to HMRC?
          or only to previous employer?

Comment

But my friend said that SC clearance people don't ask to your previous employer but to HMRC only, because SC clearance people work for Govt and they contact only to HMRC.

or only to HMRC?
            Get some new friends? You can find a ton of information on it at the link below a d you can contact them and ask but bearing in mind this is a check to make sure you are suitable to view sensitive information. I hardly think they will divulge all their processes to you.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security...-and-clearance
            Last edited by northernladuk; 19 November 2015, 22:43.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

or only to HMRC?
              Oh Dear, how very ignorant of your friend!

Security Clearance doesn't mean that HMRC think that you pay your taxes.

It means that you are what you say you are (from an employment pov, anyway), and are reasonably* trustworthy. Lying about previous employers isn't very trustworthy, is it?

(* I think that DV goes beyond reasonable to pretty certain AFAIK.)
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Obviously things may have moved on in the last couple of years, but when I got SC I was asked about employment history. I replied that I'd been working for the same company for years and years (my ltd) and gave them the details, but politely pointed out that I thought they were asking the wrong question.

They sent me (as director of the LTD) a letter asking about me (as an employee). Again I replied, pointing out that we were both the same person, but yes I had known me for more than x years and I'd been employed by my ltd for all that time.

Got the SC.
                "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                "See?"

Comment

dear members, thanks for your replies.

Mr. NickNick, if they have sent the reference query to you, as you were the director of your own company. Is it might possible they have sent query to HMRC as well to check that were you paying the tax or not , or how much you were earning as an employee ?

Comment

dear members, thanks for your replies.

Mr. NickNick, if they have sent the reference query to you, as you were the director of your own company. Is it might possible they have sent query to HMRC as well to check that were you paying the tax or not , or how much you were earning as an employee ?
                    I severely doubt that. SC isn't about paying tax as far as I know.
                    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                    "See?"

Comment

Working...
                    X