• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobserve vs Reed & Others

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobserve is best but you only have a few hours to apply otherwise they get too many CV's & thats your chance gone unless its a really niche skillset role.

Government ministers base their stats on all job ads which is highly misleading as many are duplicates or fake to begin with! I would take an educated guess 40% are not even jobs that exist either fake ad, duplicate ad, or job already taken.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Who cares. The agent will get three CVs he needs in a couple of hours. Anything over a day then you are probably too late. What does it matter how long it is up after that.
      Agreed. I tend to use only jobserve, if i am searching 3 days max and on 3 days you have probably missed the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Yonmons View Post
        Agreed. I tend to use only jobserve, if i am searching 3 days max and on 3 days you have probably missed the boat.
        Yeah but if you are checking every day you only need to one day surely?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

We all tend to think that contracts are easy to fill and always filled quickly. But this isn't always the case, especially where precise technical skills are involved. To many agents and some managers, a unix systems admin CV looks very much like a windows admin or even a hardware technician. It doesn't help that candidates mention some skill because they used it for a month back in 2012, or simply mention every skill in a scatter-gun approach, filling 8 or 9 pages.

So yeah I still think most are filled fairly quickly but not as much as they once were.

Comment

They are filled really slow in my experience. At least with my skillset. Maybe lots of people with same skillset and the clients seems to love doing interviews and trying to find their unicorn.

Sometimes I've been rejected after the interview, and then I find myself getting again and again the very same role for the same client for weeks after. So, unless they are trying to fill more identical positions, it must be the same position, meaning they have plenty of time to spend on interviews, while trying to find that unicorn

Also, very annoying and slow all the selection process, as it is actually the same as if you were to be married with the company for the rest of your days. Including technical tests at home, technical interviews by phone and/or face to face, whiteboard quizzes and pair-programming... My goodness!

Comment

Current client is trying to fill a contract position here. They are having a heck of a time just getting reasonable CVs

Comment

Related to this matter:

When applying online at Jobserve for example, sometimes clearly the same role is advertised by several agencies. Do you apply with several agencies or just pick one and wait?

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherGuy View Post
                  Related to this matter:

When applying online at Jobserve for example, sometimes clearly the same role is advertised by several agencies. Do you apply with several agencies or just pick one and wait?
                  Plenty of threads on this..

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tw...obile&ie=UTF-8
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Upps, sorry. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X