• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract is awaiting to be "signed"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract is awaiting to be "signed"

I went to an interview on Friday 13th Feb and apparently the company really like me,
    but even in the interview the guy said they need to get the contract singed off.

It's been a week now im stressing out im also worried as my savings are running low.

How long have you waited for a contract to be singed i mean how hard can it be for a senior management to sign a 3 month contract.

Ive been going to other interviews in the mean time of course though.

Cheers
    Paul

Originally posted by slinkydonkey View Post
    I went to an interview on Friday 13th Feb and apparently the company really like me,
    but even in the interview the guy said they need to get the contract singed off.

It's been a week now im stressing out im also worried as my savings are running low.

How long have you waited for a contract to be singed i mean how hard can it be for a senior management to sign a 3 month contract.

Ive been going to other interviews in the mean time of course though.

Cheers
    Paul
    It could be solved tomorrow it could take weeks. Just continue looking and if they sort it out fine, if they don't you won't have wasted time not searching...

Personally until I'm sat at the desk I continue looking
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Triskaedecaphobia?
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        It could be solved tomorrow it could take weeks. Just continue looking and if they sort it out fine, if they don't you won't have wasted time not searching...

Personally until I'm sat at the desk I continue looking
        This is all there is to it I'm afraid. Personally I'd not hold out too much hope, though.

Similar happened to me, except they did eventually want to go ahead but I was already a week into something else. A very exasperated agent went into a moan about how this was the second time it had happened and that he couldnt get through to them that contractors move quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by slinkydonkey View Post
          i mean how hard can it be for a senior management to sign a 3 month contract.
          In some organisations this can be a very long time depending on various circumstances. I know some clients that have to get three or more approvals to get contractors in. Catch one on holiday and the whole process stops for a week.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            Triskaedecaphobia?
            OP is located in Fannyboro, should we be worried?

Comment

Also note that last week was half-term, too. Feb half-term usually not as bad as others, but it can add delays. I once had to wait 2 weeks to get the directors to sign the contract, and one of them was an acquaintance of mine who had offered me the role.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                OP is located in Fannyboro, should we be worried?
                Our present working location always worries me...
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Well they phoned to today to say its bad news nothing has been signed off so im going to move on and forget about it.

I live in Reading now I do miss Fannyboro though

Comment

Took over a month for one role I had. I kept looking while it dragged on and ended up with 3 offers...
                    Blood in your poo

Comment

Working...
                    X