• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Joining IPSE+

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    A damned good idea.

HTH...
    It doesn't... and you don't "HTH" either.

Comment

Originally posted by flipFlop View Post
      It doesn't... and you don't "HTH" either.
      Go to www.ipse.co.uk and look under Membership then Summary and you will get this useful list of what Normal and Plus membership gives you. But in summary it's tax investigation insurance plus a lot of protections against things like Jury Service or your Agency defaulting on their payments that can cost you lots of money for not very much money

HTH. Again.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Go to www.ipse.co.uk and look under Membership then Summary and you will get this useful list of what Normal and Plus membership gives you. But in summary it's tax investigation insurance plus a lot of protections against things like Jury Service or your Agency defaulting on their payments that can cost you lots of money for not very much money

HTH. Again.
        Sticking up for IPSE here a bit. I dont bother with most of the other stuff but its a no-brainer just for the tax investigation stuff IMHO.

Jury service could come in handy too I guess.

Also, I did claim once for business interruption when agency canned gig on friday at 4pm before monday. To be fair, they probably could have knocked it back, but without any argument, they paid up a days rate as a claim.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Hi Guys, I'm kind of new to contracting so a bit of a newbie question!!

I am currently thinking of joined IPSE+ membership and take out the insurances as well. Just had a quick question i'm hoping someone on here could help me with!

I have the following insurance with QDOS :-
          Professional Indemnity
          Public Liability
          Employer Liability
          Tax inquiry insurance.

IPSE+ offer the PL/EL and PI insurances - Am i right in thinking the IPSE+ membership covers the "tax inquiry insurance" or do I still need to purchase that separately?

Comment

Originally posted by asingh View Post
            IPSE+ offer the PL/EL and PI insurances - Am i right in thinking the IPSE+ membership covers the "tax inquiry insurance" or do I still need to purchase that separately?
            Correct - IIRC, it's any IPSE membership.

But make sure you compare like with like - IPSE will pay the costs of the fight, QDos TLC35 will pay the costs and any penalty you face (yes, Mal, I know they have never paid out and it's a really low risk so why bother).

Consider your risk profile, and then decide whether you want one or the other or both - personally, I have both.

And don't forget that if you use someone's Member Get Member referral code when you join (such as IPSEMGM0005 ) then you get a tenner at iTunes or Amazon, and so do I.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Correct - IIRC, it's any IPSE membership.

But make sure you compare like with like - IPSE will pay the costs of the fight, QDos TLC35 will pay the costs and any penalty you face (yes, Mal, I know they have never paid out and it's a really low risk so why bother).

Consider your risk profile, and then decide whether you want one or the other or both - personally, I have both.

And don't forget that if you use someone's Member Get Member referral code when you join (such as IPSEMGM0005 ) then you get a tenner at iTunes or Amazon, and so do I.
              IPSE will pay the cost of a fight on any tax matter, not just IR35... and don't forget the other protections you get bundled in.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
              X