• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Joining IPSE+

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    Post of the week

Socktastic
    And that helps this debate how exactly?

As someone who isn't a member of IPSE and fervently disagrees with most of its lobbying aims the advantages are:-

IR35 cover by people who know what they are doing.
    Other insurance schemes which may be useful (pay for Jury duty)
    The ability to purchase gift cards at a discount (via IPSE advantage)

Its remarkable how its someone who isn't member and pays QDOS more for less cover (to avoid having anything to do with IPSE) is more willing to list the advantages they other than someone who is (I believe) a board member....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

As someone who isn't a member of IPSE and fervently disagrees with most of its lobbying aims the advantages are:-

Its remarkable how its someone who isn't member and pays QDOS more for less cover (to avoid having anything to do with IPSE) is more willing to list the advantages they other than someone who is (I believe) a board member....
      He's not a board member.

Comment

There are a few others, but near enough. However the core aims are abolition or removal of IR35, fair treatment of contractors and their companies, the end of punitive taxation attacks against a core element of the UK economy, protection against marginally legally imported cheap labour, stopping routine late payment and ensuring fair access to the market, especially HMG contracts. Which of those do you actually disagree with?

Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          He's not a board member.
          He does seem to be a member though.
          Last edited by tractor; 5 February 2015, 08:18.

Comment

You've convinced me. Membership ran out last Monday. Have been deliberating - but just renewed. Did see tax insurance cover cheaper somewhere else, but no idea whether the bolded bit would have been true.
            Last edited by mudskipper; 4 February 2015, 21:30.

Comment

... The ability to purchase gift cards at a discount (via IPSE advantage)
              Who can resist that urgent temptation to "purchase gift cards at a discount"?

Comment

Originally posted by flipFlop View Post
                I must admit I haven't used it myself, but I imagine it could be useful. If, for example (and I haven't checked, but pretty sure M&S was on the list) you can get 5% off at M&S by purchasing a gift card, and are buying a £1500 sofa, then you save enough to buy a decent bottle of bubbly.
                Last edited by mudskipper; 5 February 2015, 06:18.

Comment

To be fair, a couple of purchases from PC World, Dell and a few others at Xmas will pay for your membership anyway. If you make enough purchases it will pay for Plus membership which will include PI etc...

Comment

Saved me 7% off my laptop last week.

It's not the only reason I'm a member of IPSE, but since it's there why wouldn't I use it?

In the past year, I'd guess it's saved me over £100.

IIRC one of the board members said he'd saved £700, so well worth using.
                    Last edited by TheFaQQer; 5 February 2015, 10:40.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      I must admit I haven't used it myself, but I imagine it could be useful. If, for example (and I haven't checked, but pretty sure M&S was on the list) you can get 5% off at M&S by purchasing a gift card, and are buying a £1500 sofa, then you save enough to buy a decent bottle of bubbly.
                      FWIW - M&S is 6%
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X