• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client requests weekend work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there's nothing in your contract, I'd contact the agent, say client is asking you to work weekends and what's the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Easy enough to explain - "the idiot I spoke to at Dodgy Insurers got it wrong. I won't be using them next year etc. etc."
      Does nobody get the insurance, show it to the client/agent and cancel it next day anymore? Jeez.....

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Easy enough to explain - "the idiot I spoke to at Dodgy Insurers got it wrong. I won't be using them next year etc. etc."
        Is he in the insurance business too?

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
          Is he in the insurance business too?
          Is it an industry where you can make money, do naff all work, and run away if anyone ever tries to make you fulfil your promises to them? You betcha.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The fact it's a long day probably comes under PWD but the fact it's working outside normal (I assume) hours means you definitely should clear it with someone who has the authority over that kind of decision because they presumably budgeted on you being in 5 days a week.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Get it authorised up front, otherwise come time sheet day, they will find they can't actually figure out how to pay you and offer you a Wednesday time off in lou

Email confirming day rate tines 1.5 sounds good to me

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
                Get it authorised up front, otherwise come time sheet day, they will find they can't actually figure out how to pay you and offer you a Wednesday time off in lou

I think we'd need to know more about Lou before deciding if this deal is better or not.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
                  Who's knocking half an hour off? I don't understand.

Are you saying that whoever signs your timesheet is coming over and saying "Oi! You left at 4 on Thursday.".

I think I would

a. tell them to shove the weekend.

and

b. look for something outside of Nazi Germany.
                  Its PWD based on 7.5 hours BUT no extra for more than 7.5 but pro-rata less if less than 7.5.

So, theoretically,

Day 1 - 8 hours (get paid PWD since no extra for extra half hour).
                  Day 2 - 7 hours (agency might knock 1/2 hour off since I did 30 mins less than 7.5).

see what I mean? Easier to just put 7.5 for every day regardless and client is happy with this at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    The fact it's a long day probably comes under PWD but the fact it's working outside normal (I assume) hours means you definitely should clear it with someone who has the authority over that kind of decision because they presumably budgeted on you being in 5 days a week.
                    Agreed. And yes I will probably get stung with it as a PWD.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post

Trouble is there are lots of contractors here so I cant steam in and demand 1.5 rate. Everyones contract is different it seems with diifferent agencies too. Most people seem to get hours worked at flat rate for the weekend (which is fine by me).

Just would rather not work 12 hours for PWD which would be 2/3 rate in effect.

Comment

Working...
                      X