• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone know (definitively) what RBS accepts as "verification of CV gaps"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    If I take time off between contracts that's my business and no one elses. They are either buying my skills, as noted on my CV and references can be supplied for. That I choose to take a few months off between contracts, because I have cash in the bank, is my business.
    Totally your choice. Their choice to ask for that info conflicts with your choice.

You're both happy, so it's all good.

Comment

Remember it's not an RBS check, it's an agency check - they have taken a requirement from RBS (check out candidates background) and gold plated it into what we have today. You will find RBS don't give s Monkeys (as told to me by RBS director)

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
        Remember it's not an RBS check, it's an agency check - they have taken a requirement from RBS (check out candidates background) and gold plated it into what we have today. You will find RBS don't give s Monkeys (as told to me by RBS director)
        RBS don't care if their agencies don't credit check the contractors they are taking on? You seriously believe that just because some director makes some off the cuff comment? Never heard so much crap.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Anyone know (definitively) what RBS accepts as "verification of CV gaps"?

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          RBS don't care if their agencies don't credit check the contractors they are taking on? You seriously believe that just because some director makes some off the cuff comment? Never heard so much crap.
          Crap Indeed like your post, as it's about gaps in cv's not credit checks - over £500 your out on any defaults, they do care about that one (indeed that's the only one they really care about)

As I had 6 out of 13 contractors rejected in 2013 at RBS on that one alone, no one ever got offer withdrawn (or for any other reason) for anything else
          Last edited by tarbera; 27 December 2014, 15:43.

Comment

Working...
          X