• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone know (definitively) what RBS accepts as "verification of CV gaps"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Can you keep the sexism out of the professional forums, please?

Merry Christmas.
    How is that sexist?

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
      How is that sexist?
      Writing that a woman is a "bimbo" is sexist.

Writing insults about red haired people is plain nasty.

Writing them together in a professional forum is stupid.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by HeadOfTesting View Post
        Hi,

I'm due to start 5th Jan with "compliance checks pending"

I have been told that all CV gaps > 1 month must be verified.

I have asked the compliance person at the agency whether that involves printing off bank statements to demonstrate the leading of a normal life and/or some other 'evidence' but they are now on auto-reply until 5th Jan so I thought it was worth posing the question here.

I have heard of cases where one mitigation was to get a note from the accountant stating that the company was being run responsibly during the period in question and I have primed my accountant accordingly.

Can anyone advise?
        Provide pictures of yourself supping mojito's on the beach whilst browsing JobServe?
        Last edited by kingcook; 25 December 2014, 11:35. Reason: Smelling pisstakes
        Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Well perhaps not definitive, but they asked me for:-

Passport
          Children's Birth certificates,
          Utility bill.

As for gaps between contracts I mentioned the birth of the youngest, hence I suppose the request for certificates.
          I also said I'd been playing with some embedded systems so they asked for the invoices from the suppliers.
          They even arranged a meeting ( next door as it happened) with a solicitor to 'verify' the documents,
          including the invoices, some of which I'd printed myself ( from genuine E-mails).
          It wasn't the greatest contract, nor the worst.
          Last edited by RSoles; 25 December 2014, 12:01. Reason: ,

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Writing that a woman is a "bimbo" is sexist.
            If you're going to accuse someone of sexism is the professional forums, it would be courteous to advise everyone of the details when it comes to your redefining the term 'sexist'.

Having gender specific versions of derogatory terms is not a sign of sexism by any commonly understood meaning of the word, nor indeed would such a definition be particularly meaningful at all.

Just calling this out because I don't think this kind of passive-aggressive bullying is appropriate for the professional forums.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Writing insults about red haired people is plain nasty.

Writing them together in a professional forum is stupid.
            Besides the point.

Comment

I was not the first woman on this thread to point out the term used was sexist.

And accusing a woman of being passive aggressive for pointing something out that is offensive illustrates there is something wrong with your own behaviour.

Then again I suppose you act that way to anyone who complains that you are being insulting.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Can you keep the sexism out of the professional forums, please?

Merry Christmas.
                Done (in a passive-aggressive way...).

And a Merry Christmas to you
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I've had this a few times recently due to interesting gaps in my CV. For time in Europe they accepted flight boarding passes and car hire contracts. For time in Africa they requested visa stamp scans and photos of me and my vehicle along with proof of the vehicle ownership. Plus for all of this personal references from professional people that I was in fact doing what I said I was doing there.

They did ask how this was proof that I wasn't in jail in Africa to which I replied honestly/tongue in cheek that its unlikely I'd ever end up in jail there (Nigeria, Congo etc) as I'd be able to pay a 'large fine' to avoid it. Amazingly they accepted this as a rational answer.

Comment

If I take time off between contracts that's my business and no one elses. They are either buying my skills, as noted on my CV and references can be supplied for. That I choose to take a few months off between contracts, because I have cash in the bank, is my business.

We deal in B2B relationships. No one asks the plumber or builder to supply references or evidence of time off between jobs; we're professionals too and deserve to be treated at least as well as a builder
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      If I take time off between contracts that's my business and no one elses. They are either buying my skills, as noted on my CV and references can be supplied for. That I choose to take a few months off between contracts, because I have cash in the bank, is my business.

We deal in B2B relationships. No one asks the plumber or builder to supply references or evidence of time off between jobs; we're professionals too and deserve to be treated at least as well as a builder
                      You say we deal with B2B relationships and then compare us to someone that deals in B2C relationships. You see the problem with your scenario?
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X