• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lorien "We don't change our contracts in response to IR35 reviews"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7specialgems View Post
    My understanding is that this body are yet to migrate to the Capita/Contingent LabourONE framework, however even if it was, I am not convinced that this prevents Lorien from applying QDos feedback to the language used in, say, the Assignment Schedule portion.
    [
    It may not, but that's not what they are saying, is it...?

Lorien feature in quite a few threads on here, so hopefully I'll be able to find a few more of us that have Lorien gigs through their web portal and have had contract review findings applied, and prove that the agent in question is just being a PITA.
    Well good luck with that. Anything over about six months ago isn't going to be relevant. You'd be better off get someone like B&C to do the review and negotiations on your behalf.

But to be brutally honest, PS work is mainly a case of accept if the working conditions are genuinely outside IR35 regardless of the contract or walk away and find a job with someone who isn't trying to commit commercial suicide.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      [
      You'd be better off get someone like B&C to do the review and negotiations on your behalf.
      ^^This.

Agencies act differently depending on who does the contract review. If the contract reviewer is willing to talk to them and well regarded/qualified then you are more likely to get what you want or find out why they can't change it.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Are you confident that the suggested changes will reflect the reality of your working practices when you arrive at the client? If not, it's a waste of time. Public sector contracts aren't worth the headache.
        WHS

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          You'd be better off get someone like B&C to do the review and negotiations on your behalf.
          If you've paid Qdos their £99 then they will do the negotiation for you. That said, if the agency won't negotiate then you're options are:

1) Accept the contract and declare yourself inside IR35
          2) Accept the contract and declare yourself outside IR35 and rely on either not getting investigated, or being able to prove that the reality was different from the contract
          3) Walk away and tell the client why

I'd go with 3 if it was me.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

A JD for the BBC has just dropped into my email and I'm wondering if it's worth bothering to reply.

Despite the reasonable rate, I think that my previous post has the answer...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              A JD for the BBC has just dropped into my email and I'm wondering if it's worth bothering to reply.

Despite the reasonable rate, I think that my previous post has the answer...
              Whack up the rate, fill your boots. Trebles all round.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

+1 for the swerve of PS gigs, it's just so much faff and hassle and much of this is caused by the pimp who hasn't a damn clue.

They just think your being and idiot as you have got the gig and they have £ signs in their eyes.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

If I had a £ for every time I heard that contract not negotiable crap. Most of them seem to try it on.

Having dealt with Lorien though they are one of the worse.....

Current contract that Im about to sign was a pass according to QDOS with a few recommendations.

Initially, with this one, agency asked me to sign straight away I said no I'd get it reviewed. They said no point its not negotiable.

So I got it reviewed anyway. Emailed them the comments anyway. Got email back saying ok our legal team are on to it.

Point being they all try it on. Ignore them and tell them what you want changed. If they still refuse then its a decision to be made.

In my case, these were just QDOS recommendations not a FAIL so not the end of the world.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 7specialgems View Post
                    So according to the agent I'm dealing with for a new gig through Lorien, since their contracts are template based, back to backed with the client and via a portal, they won't make any of the changes recommended by QDos in my IR35 review.

Just wondered if there were any people on here who are currently with Lorien via their web portal contract system thing and have had changes applied after any level of fuss.

As it stands at the minute, since this is a Public Sector gig, if I don't get the QDos changes in the contract, I'll be writing to the client to let them know that I really want to work with them and I am more than happy with the rate that has been agreed, but I am unable to agree terms with their agent.
                    Wow, talk about co-incidence. I am just staring with Lorien and I have just got of the phone to my Agent. All references came through and she mentioned she is now going to generate contract. I mentioned IR35 to which I got a similar answer, insisting that it was squarely outside IR35 and it was a "template". Obviously going to get it reviewed.

Will let you know how I get on.

Comment

I had a contract with Lorien a good few years ago, not public sector, and B&C were partially successful in renegotiating aspects of the contract. There were a few clauses they absolutely refused to budge on but some they did tweak (albeit grudgingly). The important stuff was sorted so I let the rest slide.

Comment

Working...
                      X