• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immediate Termination from Client without serving Notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    If they pry further just give say it won't happen again because the person is dead.....

OK you can say something less drastic but death normally shuts people up.
    I have to say SueEllen, that is the funniest thing I have read here and I am still

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
      I have to say SueEllen, that is the funniest thing I have read here and I am still
      Glad I cheered you up.

Though don't say your grandmother or grandfather has died unless you have a few of them.....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Glad I cheered you up.

Though don't say your grandmother or grandfather has died unless you have a few of them.....
        Sadly, I don't have any more so I guess I have at least 4 excuses that are true forever.

Comment

Glad I cheered you up.

You only get 4 grandparents. But there's no limit to how many cats you can have.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by muds View Post
            Well this was my 4th week here and i never took a day off .....
            If you mean that you've worked 28 straight days then fair enough. If though you mean that you've worked 4 x 5-day weeks and taken weekends off, then that's what's known as a "normal working week" and nothing to brag about....

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              If you mean that you've worked 28 straight days then fair enough. If though you mean that you've worked 4 x 5-day weeks and taken weekends off, then that's what's known as a "normal working week" and nothing to brag about....
              He wasn't bragging - just answering someone else's wonderings with regards to time taken off. Of course, as you say, being only 4 weeks in doesn't put you in a good position to be asking for time off with no notice.

Comment

Seriously, is anyone really falling for this? The chimp goes from pidgin engleesh to:

Originally posted by muds View Post
                Well, I joined this contract 4 weeks ago, no indication on my quality of work. Even in my final meeting client said, it is not a reflection on my work its just a mismatch of timing.

So its highly unlikely they were unhappy with my work.
                It's some sad sack building up a sockie.
                "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Wow, that is a totally non-understanding client.

Stuff 'em, be where you need to be, it won't be the client who will be there in future decades.

Sounds like you are lucky to be out of there.

Priorities, frustrating to lose the contract but hey, welcome to contracting.

Family before Fees.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    A question to the rest. How did you manage to get rid of the 'Unsatisfactory performance of contractor' clause from your respective contracts?

If you haven't, aren't you in the same boat?
                    As TF already explained, such a clause is as mute as all other clauses specifying termination notices. Even if you can remove it from the contract, the customer can get rid of you with no notice and no liability by simply not giving you work and not signing your timesheets.

Personally i pay no heed to any termination clauses, other than how much notice i have to give and always treat the customer side as 0 day.

Any contractor worth it's salt is prepared to lose his/hers contract as of yesterday and not whine about it, as this is business. If you don't like it, go permie.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                      As TF already explained, such a clause is as mute ...
                      moot
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X