• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you still interview after you get an offer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or you can attend the interview and say: "I'm not really looking for a job, just doing a market research."

Comment

Absolutely, keep interviewing until everything is in place, signed sealed and delivered on the offered role.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Yep. Agreed why wouldnt you? If something else comes in as well you've got a choice and more bargaining power.

Clients do this. Ever been for an interview and not been able to get any feedback then 2 weeks later you get a no back?

Its usually because you're 2nd choice, and client is keeping you in reserve in case 1st choice bails or doesnt turn up. If they tell you no then you'll deffo look for something else - if they keep you in the dark then theres a chance they've got you hanging on a string.

Personally, I think this sort of behaviour is a bit naughty but it happens all the time. Honesty and integrity is sometimes lacking from both clients and agents at times.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheDandy View Post
          It's not a moral grey area at all IMO. It is simply the harsh reality of business. Until you are inside the client's four walls and billing......
          This.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Yep. Agreed why wouldnt you? If something else comes in as well you've got a choice and more bargaining power.

Clients do this. Ever been for an interview and not been able to get any feedback then 2 weeks later you get a no back?

Its usually because you're 2nd choice, and client is keeping you in reserve in case 1st choice bails or doesnt turn up. If they tell you no then you'll deffo look for something else - if they keep you in the dark then theres a chance they've got you hanging on a string.

Personally, I think this sort of behaviour is a bit naughty but it happens all the time. Honesty and integrity is sometimes lacking from both clients and agents at times.
            And you wouldn't do this if you were a client? And you say it's naughty but you advise to do exactly the same from a contractors perspective. It's not naughty, it's business.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Sometimes (or quite often) the client does not help themselves, as in: You interview, you like each other, you get the gig. It's all good.

Then they say start date is in two weeks' time. What? Sorry no. You want me, I'm ready now (if on the bench).

qh
              Last edited by quackhandle; 6 August 2014, 09:57.
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

To be honest I don't actually stop looking until I've raised the first invoice on a gig and it's been paid.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  To be honest I don't actually stop looking until I've raised the first invoice on a gig and it's been paid.
                  I don't stop looking until the gig is over and the last invoice has been paid. Then I start looking.....

Comment

Working...
                  X