• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Reply to my Sticky Question. I'll ask it in a new thread (sorry) Criminal Convicti

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Reply to my Sticky Question. I'll ask it in a new thread (sorry) Criminal Convicti

Hi all,
    Sorry to start a new thread it seems my Sticky question from weeks ago hasn't been answered.

To the point, I'm hoping to get as far as the security clearance stage with my Royal Navy application and I have some concerns. The Security Clearance will be SC and it's for the Royal Marines. These concerns are and I will elaborate:

1) My dad, he's on his 19th prison sentence and has well over 50 - 100 convictions, he's never been politically motivated (i.e. IRA, BNP etc) nor had links with those types, however, drugs, theft, burglary, GBH, ABH, armed robbery, smuggling from Europe, domestic abuse, shop lifting, dangerous driving, twoc practically every single thing possible and he's got it... he's currently in prison for affray. I very very very rarely see him, it's not unusual for a year to go by, so should I include him in my SC declaration? or is he technically estranged? I mean, he doesn't live with me and the average I get to see him is once every 3 months.

2) my convictions, now seeing my dad as a role model growing up wasn't really an option, however I did catch the odd bit of A BIT TOO FARness from him. I've got 3 convictions. 1) common assault (spent) 2 harassment and malicious communications (just received) and a caution, reprimand and a PND. also 1 no further action. aswell as around 10 calls to the house over domestic disputes... never lead to an arrest, the police simply sat me and the family down to have a chat... now do I declare everything from conviction to police call out which didn't lead to an arrest? or not? some people say yes, some say no. so I'm quite unsure.

Yes I've not been perfect however I do hope I'm not the worst, I mean at my age my dad had more convictions than fingers and toes... so I hope to stay on track and hopefully get away from my family... the SC check won't be made for atleast a year now as I need to get this community service etc out of the way for my current conviction, however are SC's usually failed on the basis of a bit of a pattern of domestic disputes? I'm 22 and hopefully I'll not have a single dealing with the police at all from now until next year. Well I won't, I'll make sure of it.

Thanks for the answers.

Seriously. How on earth do you expect a bunch of IT contractors to answer these questions. You sound like the type of people we only ever see on TV so **** knows the answer. Apply, be honest when applying and let them decide. You have nothing to lose and nothing we say on here will make a difference.

Go find some navy or army boards and go ask them. We can't help and to be honest DGAS.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Sorry for trying to clear up any lose ends. And DGAS? Nice...

Comment

Common assault, Harassment..Nice
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Common assault not at all like me, 4 years ago and I vowed never to lose my temper again. Harassment... if you've ever been dumped by a girl after 2 years and basically changed your life for her you'd telephone and text her a fair few times in a month right? Harassment apparently...

Comment

Originally posted by PERSEC View Post
            Sorry for trying to clear up any lose ends. And DGAS? Nice...
            Like NLUK said, how do you expect a bunch of IT contractors to know anything about this. Everything you are talking about is criminal acts. You have been posting this stuff like an attention seeker, that may not be what you are but it's how it comes across. It really looks like you are boasting about it all rather than remorseful.

When I joined the army, I was in basic within 6 weeks, that included 2 weekends aptitude testing and whatever SC they had to do, I can't remember what the SC check involved. Why is your application taking months on end?

It all comes across as a figment of imagination to me.

Please don't qualify it with a response because actually, no really, I am not interested. The only reason I have replied is to reinforce NLUKs suggestion that you go find a more relevant board.

Comment

As you say, I don't need to respond. I am a bit of an odd individual who can't help but worry, it's not boasting, or trying to get attention, however it's just pure and utter worry. So apologies to the forum if this has wasted time etc but I can't find any other forum quite like this that has people frequently using SC clearances and discussing them.

Comment

As seems to be the answer to 90% of these questions: Answer any questions you get asked honestly and let the people running the SC decide.

Comment

I don't believe this persona is real either, it reeks of the typical sockpuppet creation.

That aside if you are actually applying to the Royal Marines, then you will have found one of their recruiting offices and have a contact there. The "questions" you're asking can and will be very easily handled by the recruiting people, they will have seen it all before.

Comment

Have you or a member of your family ever appeared on a daytime television program? This is critical...
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                    X