• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Procorre consulting

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wils76 View Post
    Interesting reading, the 40% i receive is 40% after the 17% is taken off so it not 40% of my total earnings. I don't work for agencies I subcontract directly to service companies. I dont work as a sole trader i will now be ltd again just going through Procorre. Im quite content that they are performing legally and within the law. If they continue as they have over the past year im happy. Like i said i don't really earn more than i did with my ltd company i just have less hassle and now im back as ltd i will be able to get back on the VAT flat rate scheme although quite few companies are not paying it.
    That makes even less sense than you previous posts here..
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 15 February 2016, 15:20. Reason: Wording Amended
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      When you say "classed as expenses", do you mean "to repay the employee for all legitimately incurred valid business expenses" or "made up figure to get money out of the company without paying tax"?

If it's the former, then it's no different from working via any employer; if it's the latter there is a huge difference which could explain how you get your 83%.
      Its to cover business expenses, travel cost etc. You can reduce it to 10% or whatever you feel you need to cover business costs.

Im just telling you guys what i know about it from my experience, if you want exact specific details then contact them and they will email you a full breakdown. I heard about them through Astonmae.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        So what work do you do that is declared as being self employed if you aren't a sole trader?
        I was self employed through them for the past year and i am now Ltd again. Whilst i was self employed i worked through their umbrella company. My new ltd company will now effectively replace the umbrella.

Comment

Its to cover business expenses, travel cost etc. You can reduce it to 10% or whatever you feel you need to cover business costs.

Im just telling you guys what i know about it from my experience, if you want exact specific details then contact them and they will email you a full breakdown. I heard about them through Astonmae.
          That's one agency I won't ever be using then. You can tell a lot by the company they keep
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            That makes even less sense than you previous posts here..
            If you don't like my posts don't read them. But your bored so i guess you will read anything!
            Thats fine if thats your belief. I use them and im happy with them.
            I came on here to give my view and experience as a contractor with them not to defend and explain every detail of there set up. Again if you want specific details about there set up contact them direct.
            Last edited by administrator; 18 March 2016, 13:26. Reason: Fix quote

Comment

Interesting reading, the 40% i receive is 40% after the 17% is taken off so it not 40% of my total earnings. I don't work for agencies I subcontract directly to service companies. I dont work as a sole trader i will now be ltd again just going through Procorre. Im quite content that they are performing legally and within the law. If they continue as they have over the past year im happy. Like i said i don't really earn more than i did with my ltd company i just have less hassle and now im back as ltd i will be able to get back on the VAT flat rate scheme although quite few companies are not paying it.
              The legislation brought in to stop people using LLP's as a tax avoidance vehicle will apply here at the very least. Also, if they are using credit cards to reimburse your business expenses I am not sure that there wouldn't be a contravention of the MSC legislation.
              Last edited by Contractor UK; 14 January 2016, 12:54. Reason: Sentence Removed
              Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

If you don't like my posts don't read them. But your bored so i guess you will read anything!
                Thats fine if thats your belief. I use them and im happy with them.
                I came on here to give my view and experience as a contractor with them not to defend and explain every detail of there set up. Again if you want specific details about there set up contact them direct.
                Sorry, your responses to reasonable (if cynical, we've seen so many ludicrous schemes) questions simply make you look like a sales motivated drone of the company.
                You had a massive credibility hill to climb and so far you've just made this company look like an excessive risk rather than an attractive prospect.

If you stand back and think about your posts for a few seconds I'm sure you will understand why the responses you've had are entirely negative.

Comment

And therein lies the problem. It's not about picking a number out of the air that "you feel you need to cover business costs". If they are repaying expenses to the employee, then they need to match validly incurred expenses. It sounds to me like they / you just pick a number from nowhere and think "I'll have that bit tax free, thanks" - in which case, why stop at 40%, why not 100% and not pay anything at all?

It's always better to get the details from someone who is actually using them - that way people get a clear understanding of what goes on rather than some slick sales spiel which people fall for.
                  Last edited by Contractor UK; 15 February 2016, 15:24.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Does anyone know if Procorre Consulting is associated with Procorre Finance?
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X