• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent Behaviour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Damn straight.

Makes me wonder if we should cut agents a bit of slack if this or anything PC says is the reasoning behind their reputation.
    Hang on now, once every two weeks I had to sign on at 920am.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
      +1, You snooze, you lose.

Seriously though, still asleep at 11am? When i was benched I was up early and back from the gym by 9am ready to start the days contract hunt!
      And of course theres Jeremy Kyle to watch. Pisses me off when it clashes with signing on mind.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Still upset hes a nobhead yeh.
        So I take it your attempts to contact the agent were all to no avail PC? And you've accepted the same contract terms by coming in on the Monday? Did you inform the client about the contract situation at all as its seriously not on in my book.

Comment

Long story short if an agent thinks they can make money out of you they will be interested, just as if you think you can make money out of them you will be when they message you
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

So I take it your attempts to contact the agent were all to no avail PC? And you've accepted the same contract terms by coming in on the Monday? Did you inform the client about the contract situation at all as its seriously not on in my book.
            Why? Renewal comes up, contractor is offered terms, they aren't negotiable, contractor either signs or walks. Contractor signs so client is happy, agent is happy. Contractor is pissed off and blames everyone else because he wanted reduced notice period and couldn't have it.

I don't really see an issue here.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Still couldnt get hold of. In the end, I added the notice period I wanted to the contract I already had and sent it back to them.

Not heard a dicky bird. So who knows?

Would have loved to walk but hey ho.

Comment

Why? Renewal comes up, contractor is offered terms, they aren't negotiable, contractor either signs or walks. Contractor signs so client is happy, agent is happy. Contractor is pissed off and blames everyone else because he wanted reduced notice period and couldn't have it.

I don't really see an issue here.
                I am on about the agent blanking PC when he was trying to get in touch to discuss the renewal. The agent is at liberty to state the terms as binding and final but disappearing down a hole while someone who the agent is doing business with (and making money for) wants to talk to him, that's the bit that's not on.

Comment

I am on about the agent blanking PC when he was trying to get in touch to discuss the renewal. The agent is at liberty to state the terms as binding and final but disappearing down a hole while someone who the agent is doing business with (and making money for) wants to talk to him, that's the bit that's not on.
                  Question is... Is that enough to really be brining the client in to it. The client got he wants. To involve him in a discussion where their risk was to be increased in favour of the contractor may blow up in your face.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Question is... Is that enough to really be brining the client in to it. The client got he wants. To involve him in a discussion where their risk was to be increased in favour of the contractor may blow up in your face.
                    I would only inform the client out of common courtesy if you're going to walk (if nothing else to protect your reputation from the inevitable bull the agent will feed to them once you've gone), agree there is no point if you're going to bend over and take it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      So when you get an email or a voicemail from an agent about a role or job in which you have absolutely no interest, you always phone them up to let them know?
                      Well, PC?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X