• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent Behaviour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Manz View Post
    I was supposed to have another interview today but yesterday the agent called me and said the client needs to reschedule it, but today I haven't heard anything back so I'm assuming the role has been filled and the agent didn't want to tell me.
    When I was looking for my first contract, an agent scheduled a face-to-face interview at 9am with the client. I asked if they could push it back to 10 because I'd have to travel down that morning, and he said that he'd confirm the new time and let me know.

Still waiting to find out if 10am was good for them or not.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I know that its common for agents to mess you around, but this past week has been too much, one agent put me forward for a contract and said he would have feedback for me yesterday, then yesterday morning he phoned me twice within 1 hour but I couldn't answer because I was sleeping at 11am when he called. Then when I tried to call him back I couldn't get through to him because he was either "out of the office" or away from his desk and one of his colleagues asked if they could help and I told them about the role which I was supposed to have an interview for and he said "that role has been filled now" I don't see how though if the agent was calling me with positive feedback from the company, agents only call me with positive feedback saying they want an interview.

I was supposed to have another interview today but yesterday the agent called me and said the client needs to reschedule it, but today I haven't heard anything back so I'm assuming the role has been filled and the agent didn't want to tell me.
      So you are blaming the agent because you squandered your chance by being asleep at 11 in the morning? You can't make this up.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        So you are blaming the agent because you squandered your chance by being asleep at 11 in the morning? You can't make this up.
        He could have at least left a voicemail. Other agent's have always left voicemails.

Comment

Or maybe he had contractor number 2 on the phone and went with him rather than gambling on when you would call him back.

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
            Did you really join the forums in 2011 and this is your first post?!

You know you don't need to post once you join a forum if you use the search functionality.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

+1, You snooze, you lose.

Seriously though, still asleep at 11am? When i was benched I was up early and back from the gym by 9am ready to start the days contract hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post

Seriously though, still asleep at 11am? When i was benched I was up early and back from the gym by 9am ready to start the days contract hunt!
                Damn straight.

Makes me wonder if we should cut agents a bit of slack if this or anything PC says is the reasoning behind their reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post

Had a similar circumstance due to sleeping. Ended a contract, the last two weeks or so was really struggling with what turned out to be a sinus infection. Nasty one at that, two different antibiotics failed to help. The third lot worked well, sadly knocking me out big time - fortunately whilst out of contract.

Did get hold of the agent, he explained they had to go with a guy who was available on the phone immediately - the role was to start ASAP. Explained the situation to him, no hard feelings on either part. He in turn explained things to the client; when something cropped up a few months later, he was straight on the phone to me and things progressed quickly.

So it's not always the case that sleeping is down to laziness - or hangover. Agree with the "you snooze you lose" mantra - for me it ties in with the difference between being pro-active and reactive.

Comment

I know that its common for agents to mess you around, but this past week has been too much, one agent put me forward for a contract and said he would have feedback for me yesterday, then yesterday morning he phoned me twice within 1 hour but I couldn't answer because I was sleeping at 11am when he called. Then when I tried to call him back I couldn't get through to him because he was either "out of the office" or away from his desk and one of his colleagues asked if they could help and I told them about the role which I was supposed to have an interview for and he said "that role has been filled now" I don't see how though if the agent was calling me with positive feedback from the company, agents only call me with positive feedback saying they want an interview.

wow - i thought Manz's post was a wind up... but it seems he was / is serious!

Comment

You still upset you got shafted by him PC?
                      Still upset hes a nobhead yeh.
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X