• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have we seen enough yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The EFTA don't want the UK. Membership of the EFTA requires signing up to Schengen. The UK would require the consent of the other EFTA states to join.The EFTA agreement requires accession to the four freedoms of persons, goods, services and capital.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      The EFTA don't want the UK. Membership of the EFTA requires signing up to Schengen. The UK would require the consent of the other EFTA states to join.The EFTA agreement requires accession to the four freedoms of persons, goods, services and capital.
      Don't cry, man the fck up!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        It really annoys me, to this day, is that Cameron quit when the vote in favour of Brexit. With it being so very close, what he should have done was gone back to the EU and used that result as leverage to get a better deal. Instead he ran away.
        So he should have refused the referendum result? He wouldn't have lasted a month before his party forced him out.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

So he should have refused the referendum result? He wouldn't have lasted a month before his party forced him out.
          That wouldn't have been possible as I seem to recall him saying the result would be honoured. I might have mis-remembered that

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That wouldn't have been possible as I seem to recall him saying the result would be honoured. I might have mis-remembered that
            You mean a PM can't renege on a policy, promise or party manifesto pledge?

The referendum outcome was never legally binding, Brexit could have been avoided.
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Don't cry, man the fck up!
              Eh? Just informing __V__ that the UK joining the EFTA is unlikely. I don't care whether the UK does or not. I live in an EFTA country.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

The referendum outcome was never legally binding, Brexit could have been avoided.
                He would have been whipped by his own party.

The people in Swindon, Sunderland and other places were just voting to give "it to the man"
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

He would have been whipped by his own party.

The people in Swindon, Sunderland and other places were just voting to give "it to the man"
                  He would probably enjoy being whipped
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                  X