• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Politicians ignore the reality of Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Politicians ignore the reality of Brexit

I’m a lorry driver for a small logistics firm. I’ve had a couple of pay rises this year, from my boss who was desperate to keep hold of the drivers he has. But he couldn’t attract more, meaning he lost business and had to sell trucks that were sitting there, driverless, after tens of thousands of EU drivers left the country and couldn’t return, even if they wanted to. They aren’t classed as ‘skilled workers’ according to Priti Patel’s immigration laws.

It’s a small company, my boss couldn’t absorb my wage rises, so he had to pass them on to our customers. In turn, those companies can’t absorb these extra costs, so pass them on to all of us at the tills. This is happening to logistics all around the country and because almost everything is delivered with trucks, it’s a big part of the UK’s inflation. Caused directly by Brexit.

It’s known that Russia funded the leave campaign in various ways and now we know why. Putin wanted Europe to be weaker, so he could attack us. And it’s worked.
    I was in the army and signed a line declaring I would die for Queen and Country when I was 18. Now I’m 42 and I still feel like I have a sense of duty to my country. The National Rejoin March, at the start of the Rejoin campaign, is how I’ll fulfil it.

Now we have seen with our own eyes what life is like outside the EU family and can compare it directly to life inside. It’s so obviously worse in every way, that the only thing the Brexiteers have left to be positive about is that empathetic people are still upset. Sometimes so much so that our own mental health has been affected by it all. How disgraceful and nasty, that people can think this is a positive thing. I certainly didn’t join the army to protect people like that.
    https://centralbylines.co.uk/politic...-the-solution/

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

that the only thing the Brexiteers have left to be positive about is that empathetic people are still upset.
    Oh, I'm sure none of the Brexiteers here could ever find that a positive.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Excellent cannon fodder for the EU army! The one that didn't really exist..

Nice he doesn't understand that his employers were keeping wages artificially low by exploiting cheap EU staff.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Excellent cannon fodder for the EU army! The one that didn't really exist..

Nice he doesn't understand that his employers were keeping wages artificially low by exploiting cheap EU staff.
        And what would be wrong about having an EU army?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

And what would be wrong about DENYING having an EU army?
          FTFY

Comment

FTFY
            Nothing because there is none, yet, but again what would be wrong about it if there would be one?

Comment

Did you actually read the article? His employer is trying to pay more, but can't afford it. These extra costs, that you think are ok, are driving up inflation and impacting the lowest paid and poorest in society.

Is this what you want?

You seem to be talking for this guy, when he is quite happy to talk for himself. Maybe try listening more to what others who are directly affected by this are saying, rather than spouting the same old mantra that has been proven, time and again, to be total rubbish.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Did you actually read the article? His employer is trying to pay more, but can't afford it. These extra costs, that you think are ok, are driving up inflation and impacting the lowest paid and poorest in society.

Is this what you want?

You seem to be talking for this guy, when he is quite happy to talk for himself. Maybe try listening more to what others who are directly affected by this are saying, rather than spouting the same old mantra that has been proven, time and again, to be total rubbish.
                He's too busy taking delight in Remainers being upset by Brexiters being impoverished. Sad really.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Is this what you want?

Have you bothered to listen to any of the truck drivers who left the trade because their employers were paying minimum wage? I know a few and not the way you do servicing their sexual needs at Membury services.

They made their bed filled it with tulip and then expect us to cry for them? Are you a useful idiot much? Oh I forget you are warty of little brain.

Comment

Working...
                  X