• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dover let down by the French. Again.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

that was the drop in tourism in the official figures.

I was taking the mick out of Paddy him thinking that such legislation would affect more than a few tens of thousand.

You do sound like some old man stuck on defending the same point you know you have already have lost on.

You claim it is all down to Brexit without any proof.

I, the UN and ONS claim it was Covid.

I think you need to provide some proof for your deranged nattering, or admit defeat.

https://www.ft.com/content/3a903e3f-...6-012af4582196

Post-Brexit changes to UK immigration rules mean EU schoolchildren can no longer travel on group passports
    Post-Brexit changes to Britain’s immigration rules have triggered an unprecedented collapse in bookings for school trips from the continent, organisers say, with countries such as Ireland and the Netherlands now more popular than the UK.
    https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...k-slump-brexit

School trips to UK dying out due to post-Brexit immigration rules

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/po...-rules-301298/

etc, etc, etc...

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

From your links

Continental schools typically sent about a million pupils to the UK each year on organised trips, Jones said, with France and Germany alone accounting for 850,000. But for the February to June season, it was now clear that schools across the continent had “completely abandoned the UK for other countries”, she said.
      So what about the other 2 million? And would they send their children in the height of COVID?

I wasn't aware it was as high as that. I'm prepared to admit this might need looking at now but over the past 2 years it wasn't an issue. Or do you believe when France & Germany were shut for COVID they were arranging school trips?

But as WTFH would say "W.W.hat about Q1 2020????????"

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

From your links

So what about the other 2 million? And would they send their children in the height of COVID?

I wasn't aware it was as high as that. I'm prepared to admit this might need looking at now but over the past 2 years it wasn't an issue. Or do you believe when France & Germany were shut for COVID they were arranging school trips?

But as WTFH would say "W.W.hat about Q1 2020????????"
        You are sticking your head in the sand regarding Brexit caused issues. Even the most fervent Brexit supporting politicians are admitting tourism is hit by Brexit.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

that was the drop in tourism in the official figures.

I was taking the mick out of Paddy him thinking that such legislation would affect more than a few tens of thousand.

You do sound like some old man stuck on defending the same point you know you have already have lost on.

You claim it is all down to Brexit without any proof.

I, the UN and ONS claim it was Covid.

I think you need to provide some proof for your deranged nattering, or admit defeat.

You say that there's been a drop in tourism in 2022 of 3 million? So early in the year.

Or are you still obsessed with 2021, while ignoring any figures for 2022?

The UN and ONS have not published figures for 2022 yet, only the port of dover - the figures YOU linked to, that was the basis of YOUR argument. Then when the facts were pointed out to you, you decided to ignore the facts of the port of dover figures as it upset you too much, which raised your blood pressure, led to your usual tactic of name calling and deflection.
          Is high blood pressure, rudeness, and refusal to accept facts a sign of COVID, or a trait of something else?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

You are sticking your head in the sand regarding Brexit caused issues. Even the most fervent Brexit supporting politicians are admitting tourism is hit by Brexit.
            Again Brexit had almost no effect on tourism over the last few years as we were closed due to COVID.

Currently the travel companies have no staff because they fired them all during ..... COVID. No one is moving and they can't get their bags regardless of where they are going that isn't due to Brexit.

Now Brexit might well have an effect as we get back to normal and that legislation needs looking at if as suggested its having a negative effect that we didn't expect or want.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH - why is my willy miniscule it must be brexit View Post

I'm having difficulty with figures so I pushed the crayons up my nose.
              have a look at the links !

Comment

Again Brexit had almost no effect on tourism over the last few years as we were closed due to COVID.

Currently the travel companies have no staff because they fired them all during ..... COVID. No one is moving and they can't get their bags regardless of where they are going that isn't due to Brexit.

Now Brexit might well have an effect as we get back to normal and that legislation needs looking at if as suggested its having a negative effect that we didn't expect or want.
                If Brexit had almost no effect on tourism then why is the DM and Express ranting on how the lack of freedom of movement is pissing off British Tourists going to the EU

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

If Brexit had almost no effect on tourism then why is the DM and Express ranting on how the lack of freedom of movement is pissing off British Tourists going to the EU
                  To pander to their pro-brexit readership. E.g. vetran.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                  X